Torment: Tides of Numenera - Starting to Kick

As far i can remember Brain said that a big portion of the profit of the current project (wasteland2) goes into the next project (torment). Guess a reason for only asking 900k.

I thought I'd never see this day. A second Torment game. Crowdfunding, I love you!

It's a significant distinction, sure, but I enjoy both and it would make zero impact on my pledge. Now, if they called it an "action-RPG," THEN I'd be a bit more hesitant. I like many action RPGs, too, but that's a style and emphasis that I feel is detrimental to the theme.

From the kickstarter page, "We have different combat systems in mind to reach this goal and will engage backers on this topic throughout the process." AKA, I don't think they know yet and they're going to be asking the community down the road if we'd prefer RTWP or TB ( or something new? ). How awesome is that?

I would bet my pledge 1000 times over it will not be action based or a hack & slash however.

K-ching! Went for the digital tier that gives me WL2 as well (since I missed out on the KS for that). I do feel that some details (such as the nature of combat) could have been a little more defined before they pitched, but the setting and the premise have me hooked! And they have a lot of time to engage with the community. I hope they can keep up this momentum for a few days...they're over 700K already (!!) Ah happy times....I loved the tongue-in-cheek vid with the corporate kid ;-)

As for funding, I may be optimistic by witnessing successful Kickstarters but, if they can reach the goal in one day, it's very likely that such projects end up with double or triple amount of money.

InXile uses Kickstarter to revive classic role-playing franchise Torment
Fargo said the company is hoping to raise $1 million. He will match every dollar raised above that, up to $2 million, by throwing in another 10 percent. So if the company raises $2 million, Fargo will throw in $100,000 of his own money.
Well, talking of dedication. :cool:

Once more i do hate creditcards. The standard american system is not the standard for the rest of the world.

I want paypal.

Once more i do hate creditcards. The standard american system is not the standard for the rest of the world.

I want paypal.

To be fair, I tend to think of the -usual- American system as PayPal. ;-)

Seriously?
Nevertheless i need paypal in order to make a tribute.

In their FAQ they confirm that paypal will open up once the initial goal is met (a Kickstarter stipulation on linking to non-kickstarter funding methods.) At the rate things are going, you won't have to wait too long.

Hell yeah! Instant pledge.

What American system? Visa? Pretty much everyone in Sweden has Visa or Mastercard, as do the other scandinavian countries. Isn't int just Germany that has something different? (And maybe the Netherlands too? At least ikbenrichard sounds Dutch?)

The idea is to make a spiritual sequel, not a direct one. What made PS:T so special (at least to me) was the story, the characters, the C&C and how it actually made you *think*. The combat...not so much, but it was (almost?) entirely optional. They hope to make a game that's based on the premises that made PS:T such a classic. Have you read through the presentation, it's actually pretty damn good?

I'ts almost funded already. I'm curious to find out what their first day total will be. i think they are well on there way to 3 million. Especialy when pay pal opens.

Sorry guys, I have been WAY overtaxed by too many mediocre kickstarters. After looking at the KS page, I now understand what they meant. Although it seems only vaguely related to torment. There are key elements to making a proper successor for me that are missing: namely the Planescape setting, and the immortality mechanic and concept, with attendant forgotten past lives. The latter in particular gave the original a fantastic bunch of mysterious histories to draw from. Nevertheless this pitch looks pretty good even if it still feels a bit like it's trying to piggyback on the name of a classic. I hope it succeeds, backed it for $110. I am such a sucker. ;)

Not really interested in so called "spiritual successors". That label is just meaningless wankery to me, since they are never even half as good as the original. But we'll see…

In their FAQ they confirm that paypal will open up once the initial goal is met (a Kickstarter stipulation on linking to non-kickstarter funding methods.) At the rate things are going, you won't have to wait too long.

He will have to wait about 1-2 hours more from now I think...

Not really interested in so called "spiritual successors". That label is just meaningless wankery to me, since they are never even half as good as the original. But we'll see…

Well - you've just put your money where your mouth isn't, so I'll take that as being romantic cynicism :).

Back
Top Bottom