Two Worlds II - Multiplayer Tidbits

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Two Worlds Vault has collected some recent dev comments from their Facebook page on the different multiplayer modes in Two Worlds II. An excerpt:
We were working on multiplayer for quite some time. Most of our efforts were put on developing fine co-op mode for 2-8 players. Our multiplayer "Adventure" mode is a completely different one, more action-based. It's a campaign that takes about 12-14 hours to complete in the first run! You have to cooperate in your team so the gameplay is slightly modified but if you wonder how TW2 would feel like if it was an action RPG, this mode provides the answer and I guarantee that you will like it.
After that you have an exceptional Village mode for the next 6-10 h + duels, deathmatches and crystal hunts!
More information.

ahhh . . .huh????

so it's getting released in late October for the Euros but January for us??? What type of sense does that make when we Norteamericanos can easily get the international version from so many sites?

Why would they want to make it flawless for the North American Audience but perhaps less so for the folks getting it in October? A lot of times when companies do this we never see the game (Venetica comes immediately to mind). I just don't get it.

And If the game is really getting released in October for some folks why a 3 month delay? 3 months worth of fine tuning and polishing? Southpeak has really dimmed my enthusiasm for the game. Oh well, I liked the Aracania demo so at least I'll get to play that right away instead of having it (Arcania) sit while I played 2 Worlds.

This makes the monkey sad.

:(

this what they did to Sacred 2 and it totally screwed up the possibility of building any community

And we all know what happened to that game- Plus locking the regions which judging by their silence is what will happen this time

I will just import it and play with the Europeans and probably be done with it by US release time- I don't buy the quality assurance crap as I think Reality Pump is done except a patch or two

I still vaguely remember someone posting somewhere this game was mostly finished last time they delayed it-In april
I am still scratching my head over the decision to flip flop Christmas season

ahhh . . .huh????

so it's getting released in late October for the Euros but January for us??? What type of sense does that make when we Norteamericanos can easily get the international version from so many sites?

Why would they want to make it flawless for the North American Audience but perhaps less so for the folks getting it in October? A lot of times when companies do this we never see the game (Venetica comes immediately to mind). I just don't get it.

And If the game is really getting released in October for some folks why a 3 month delay? 3 months worth of fine tuning and polishing? Southpeak has really dimmed my enthusiasm for the game. Oh well, I liked the Aracania demo so at least I'll get to play that right away instead of having it (Arcania) sit while I played 2 Worlds.

Yeah, that was quite a blow. One week before release… They are teasing us - this could have been said a while ago. It must have something to do with not being able to get the multiplayer set up in time. So it will be Arcania and Fallout Vegas for me.

I found it and it wasn't april it was may

Genre-defining Role-Playing Game set for release this May
Zuxxez Entertainment today announced that Two Worlds, the new RPG in the works at Reality Pump, will be released on May 9th, being delayed just a little bit for more polishing and bug hunting. The game promises unlimited character development, the freedom to change the world and shape the story within it, exciting, spectacular combat and more. The Two Worlds online multiplayer action allows up to 8 people to adventure together online via Xbox Live online entertainment network.
More polishing and bug hunting? Months ago?- I don't think Southpeak liked the preview copy this time around either

This is annoying for me because I was really excited about this game and I have actually played it which makes it even worse. The copy I played 3 weeks ago was pretty smooth. My guess is this has more to do with the multiplayer (which they have been mostly quiet on until today).

Not a big deal to me. I expect Fallout: NV to keep me busy until at least mid-November, and then I want to play through Two Worlds 1 before playing the sequel.

I should probably blow the dust off my PS3 and catch up on some of those games as well.

Yea the game won't be fully patched and the best playable experience till at least mid summer 2011 so might as well wait till the price comes down some....

This makes the monkey sad.

:(

Yeah, I just wanna say I was one of the gamers that really did like Two Worlds 1. TW2 was the game I've been most looking forward this year. Yep, more that Fallout and more than Arcania and more than Witcher.

There were a couple things wrong with the first Two Worlds that I had high hopes they would be fixed in the sequel. I was thinking the first game was done by talented amateurs but the sequel would be helmed by a team of professionals (apologies AH).

But, yeah, I'm sad too . . . . .

This is annoying for me because I was really excited about this game and I have actually played it which makes it even worse. The copy I played 3 weeks ago was pretty smooth. My guess is this has more to do with the multiplayer (which they have been mostly quiet on until today).

I was thinking the same. Im not a techy, but I suspect whatever they need to support multiplayer in NA simply isn't ready and apparantly won't be in place until after December. ANyone have any insight on this?

Still a big dissapointment, but now it makes for a slightly less crowded October release schedule. Lots of good games coming out next month though.

With that said, now they better deliver the goods next year!

They lock games based on region, which is pretty obvious when you think about it. If they didn't, the entire region concept would be a waste - as digital purchases are taking over the entire distribution network.

It has to do with some kind of retail laws, and I believe they differ based on the actual region. Here in Europe, I've encountered several cases of being unable to purchase US games from D2D/Steam and other places. Probably due to the Dollar/Euro difference. Steam likes to charge EU/AU a lot more money, by doing 1:1 conversions - which means 25-50% increase in prices.

That said, you CAN usually get around it by using a proxy or some clever VPN'ing, but I wouldn't bother in this case.

I don't think they're lying when it comes to the "polish" of the EU vs US thing, and apart from impatience - there isn't a smart reason not to wait.

Seems there will be plenty of CRPGs out in the near future, so I'd focus on them - and go for the US version when it's released.

Never thought about that. But then again, I don't do digital purchases. At least not for modern titles.

GoG is the only place I've purchased games in a digital format.

Back
Top Bottom