Witcher 3 - Killing Monsters Cinematic Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well the countdown is finished can you guess what it was? No well let me tell you.
smiley-cool.gif

It seems CD Projekt Red has a new cinematic for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It highlights the morally ambiguous tone of the game.

Warning: Video is not for the faint of heart I mean it.

CD Projekt RED is proud to present The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt "Killing Monsters" cinematic trailer to the public for the first time, offering a thrilling glimpse into the morally ambiguous universe of Geralt of Rivia.

"Killing Monsters" portrays the cruel and gritty world of The Witcher and foreshadows the mature mood of the upcoming story-driven RPG, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, set for release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.
More information.

I just watched this and I have only one word that can properly summarize my feelings.

HNNNNNNNGGGHHHH

Well, one thing is for sure, it's going to be the RPG with the best graphics ever.

Most things is pointing towards that the other things will hold up to, I am worried about the battle system, but if they can nail that one... well.........

It might well be the RPG with the best graphics ever, but you sure can't tell that from this trailer. Not one second of that footage is in engine.

The new trailer does demonstrate that the team (or whoever put it together) has a good eye for both the cinematic and the dramatic. But I'd get far more excited by a new game by seeing bits of a new game.

I actually thought it was live-action for a moment. I'm usually not a big fan of cinematics, but… wow.

It might well be the RPG with the best graphics ever, but you sure can't tell that from this trailer. Not one second of that footage is in engine.

Nah… that's all actual gameplay footage. ;)

I'm pretty sure that's why it says "cinematic trailer".

Well, quite. That was my point. (Assuming a cinematic trailer is representative of a game's appearance is equivalent to assuming the new Harry Potter game will feature hyper-realistic graphics because the film's actors looked so "real." Well, except that ginger kid.)

The new trailer does demonstrate that the team (or whoever put it together) has a good eye for both the cinematic and the dramatic. But I'd get far more excited by a new game by seeing bits of a new game.

You are right of course, but it's still worth to be excited about, because it would surprise me if they made new models and assets to create one promotional movie. This is probably just a higher res version of the models that'll be used in game.

I predict that Alrik will be delighted ;)

You are right of course, but it's still worth to be excited about, because it would surprise me if they made new models and assets to create one promotional movie. This is probably just a higher res version of the models that'll be used in game.

Models and assets might be reused. But with the same level of detail? And I'm sure animations wont be as good. Unless there's lots of scripted action / QE's. Which I hope not.

Anyways, I would not mind at all if the game looked no better than Witcher 1. I just hope gameplay, story, open world, immersion, etc. will work out well.

This looks impressive.

I actually thought it was live-action for a moment. I'm usually not a big fan of cinematics, but… wow.
CDPR makes very good games but they make AMAZING trailers.
Did they make this in-house, or was it outsourced?

It's not CDPR. It's Platige Image.
Just as in previous TW cinematics, director is Tomek (Tomasz) Baginski, I believe I've mentioned him and his work already or was it on TheWest forum? If I didn't, for example, one of his ingenious works about army:
http://www.platigeshorts.com/fallen-art.html

If youtube won't show you Wild Hunt vid, here's another link:
http://www.platige.com/en/page/385-The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_1

"Nasty little men always get their comeuppance."
"Always?"
"Always."

I like games where A-holes get what they deserve.

Wow..can't wait to play this. Visually it looks stunning and it definitely feels gritty and medeval. its difficult to judge the gameplay obviously, but writers obviously know what they're doing. That scene got my heart bumping.

I predict that Alrik will be delighted ;)

So do I :p

Lots of crazy funky cinematic angles to look at action from, but not much else to get my teeth into really. Neat token Geralt line on morality though. Give us more neutrality! ;)

I was more impressed by the beauty of the first Witcher trailer to be honest (especially the music). Still, like others say, looking forward to the actual gameplay footage.

Back
Top Bottom