Hellgate London - T3 to continue Development

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Gamasutra has news that HG:L and Mythos will be back with development teams.
According to new job posting-related information, Asian publisher T3 Entertainment is setting up a San Francisco development studio to carry on work on Hellgate: LondonMythos, following developer Flagship's recent layoffs.

The postings, which have appeared on multiple sites including DICE.com and Gamasutra, reveal: "T3 Entertainment is searching for creative minds to passionately continue development of Hellgate: LondonMythos, along with other new games, which are being published by HanbitSoft Inc."

According to the call for programmers: "A development studio has been established in San Francisco, CA, with hopes of gathering those who wish to join us in starting a new chapter of history in the game industry."

T3 Entertainment, the Korean-headquartered creator of popular Asian online music game Audition, recently acquired a controlling stake in HanbitSoft, Hellgate's Asian publisher and a company that has claimed rights in the fallout of Flagship's layoffs.
More information.

My head hurts.

So, is T3 related to Namco Bandi, whose icon has replaced Ping0's on all official responses at the HG:L forums? I thought it was a totally unrelated company.

T3 are the largest stockholders of Hanbitsoft I believe.

T3 are the largest stockholders of Hanbitsoft I believe.

Ah, thank you. I wish that I could say my head hurt less now, but I just tried playing Legend: Hand of God (incidentally, the only modern game I can think of with worse voice acting than HG:L)

-ehm-

Why does Tiggs (the forum moderator) then have a Bandai-Namco icon under her name (or his name)??

As I see it, this is just again a move by Hanbitsoft to actually say that they 'own' the IP when they clearly don't.

Here's maybe some sort of proof:

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=108595

Pretty sure Tiggs is a she and she was Ping0 staff so there's probably more to be revealed in this situation as the two IPs are linked to these two publishers.

I can certainly see the value in bringing about some of the programmers and key artists. Not having to deal with knowledge transfer would allow them to resume work much more quickly.

Also won't be surprised to see them give Flagship's big names the cold shoulder to avoid carrying over any ill will for Flagship. If it's even possible to avoid that.

This news makes me happy. One of the best games released in the past year.

Legend: Hand of God (incidentally, the only modern game I can think of with worse voice acting than HG:L)

That's sad. The German version had outstanding voice acting. Possibly the best one I've ever heard.

That's sad. The German version had outstanding voice acting. Possibly the best one I've ever heard.

You'll be even sadder if you ever experience it. I now live in fear that I'll, someday, run into the voice actor for the faerie. Smacking her in the head will be purely instinctive, I assure you. That, and the main character has had a frontal lobotomy; no emotion, whatsoever.

I have to reinstall this since I've heard such good things about the patches ...

I now live in fear that I'll, someday, run into the voice actor for the faerie. Smacking her in the head will be purely instinctive, I assure you.

Who did the voice of her for the English version ?

I've seen the German voice of the fairy from afar - in Cologne, at the beginning of the last month, during kind of a festival.

I'm not sure anymore, but I think I can remember her dropping in for a very short time in the official forum.

Back
Top Bottom