Watch Dogs - can you run it?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
This is the first game I've seen that asks so much of power on PC to run it - as bare minimum!
Check if you can run Watch Dogs on your rig here:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/watch-dogs/11845/

All I can say is that I need a new PC. Soon. I don't want to be unprepared for TW3.
Now where's that recent crpgnut's thread with components to combine...

I can easily run it.

I posted in another thread about increased requirements. It's going to ramp up now that new consoles are out.

Here's what your possibly dealing with for witcher 3.

"An undisclosed source close to CD Projekt has revealed that at its current state, The Witcher 3 simply can’t run at 60 FPS with maxed out settings, not even on a GeForce GTX 780 TI."

Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/...s-size-and-system-requirements/#ixzz31iFrcvgp

Well I can't easily run Watch Dogs as it's my CPU that doesn't meet the minimum.
And if I buy new CPU that automatically means new motherboard and probably new RAM since I'd give this one away to any friend in a working state (most of them have worse machine than me). And then to avoid the whole mess since I hate changing the motherboard in a case, the obvious solution is a brand new rig.

It comes down to:
1. no preordering Watch Dogs
2. hopefully only Watch Dogs needs that many resources
3. since my rig runs everything flawlessly except Thief remake I'll stick to it at least for a few more months

I can play that game over the minimun settings on my old setup (over 3 years old). I upgraded the CPU/RAM in January and they are fine for recommended.

I have to upgrade my graphic card to reach those recommended spec fully, but I have no interest in Watch Dogs so it's not urgent. Waiting for price drops and deals...

Question is if I want to run it :)

It looks like yet another Assassin's Creed to me. Too systemic and inorganic.

I can't say that I really care about Watch Dogs, but this thread has reminded me that I need to upgrade for TW3. :)

well I have a lot of interest in watch dogs but I'm a bit skeptical that it will turn out as they portray. It seems like a game ripe for disappointment and bugs galore. Hope I'm wrong though.

I won't pre-order as I'll wait for reviews.

I have always wondered though, what does recommended settings mean?

That you can run it at max settings, 60 fps? or that you can run it at default settings acceptably? or something entirely different?

I have always wondered though, what does recommended settings mean?

That you can run it at max settings, 60 fps? or that you can run it at default settings acceptably? or something entirely different?

There's no set-in-stone standard, but recommended usually means the level at which you can expect to run the game as intended, both in terms of performance and visual settings.

Translating that to something based in reality - you can probably expect 20-30 FPS (on average) on medium settings, though that's a very rough estimate.

In my experience, having the recommended hardware means you'll get roughly the same experience as you would on a console.

My personal rule of thumb is to consider recommended to be the actual minimum requirements.

That said, I've always made sure I have hardware well beyond the recommended requirements for any game I really want to play.

If I can't play a desirable game at max settings or very close to max settings, I generally upgrade then and there.

Watchdog graphics meme are already a thing.

Might make some people feel better about their computers now.

There's no set-in-stone standard, but recommended usually means the level at which you can expect to run the game as intended, both in terms of performance and visual settings.

Translating that to something based in reality - you can probably expect 20-30 FPS (on average) on medium settings, though that's a very rough estimate.

In my experience, having the recommended hardware means you'll get roughly the same experience as you would on a console.

My personal rule of thumb is to consider recommended to be the actual minimum requirements.

That's kind of what I thought I just wasn't sure if there was actually a standard for recommended specs.

That said, I've always made sure I have hardware well beyond the recommended requirements for any game I really want to play.

If I can't play a desirable game at max settings or very close to max settings, I generally upgrade then and there.

This is my attitude as well, I'm a PC gamer because I don't want to compromise and I don't mind paying for it.

I have been holding off for TW3

Minimum: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
RAM
Minimum: 6 GB
You Have: 6.1 GB

OS
Minimum: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (64 bit only)
You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit

Video Card
Minimum: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 / Intel Iris Pro HD 5200
You Have: AMD Radeon HD 6800M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)

Well, I will want for a promo to buy Watch Dogs and Witcher 3 is only for 2015, then any upgrade this year will be because of DA:I (using Frosbite 3 certainly will be another exigent title)

I have been holding off for TW3

That's pretty much the situation for me as well, but I'm still considering upgrading in 2014.

The thing that's holding me back is the approach of DDR 4. I don't want to buy a new DDR 3 platform when DDR 4 is supposedly right around the corner.

All these games should be played on consoles for two or three years. PCs should only be used for indie gaming or stuff like that during that period.

The thing that's holding me back is the approach of DDR 4. I don't want to buy a new DDR 3 platform when DDR 4 is supposedly right around the corner.

Dunno about being round the corner…..Broadwell desktop/mobile parts will be DDR3 and the server parts will be DDR4. So basically if your wanting DDR4 in the next year or so, prepare to spend top dollar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadwell_%28microarchitecture%29

I imagine it won't be till Q42015 that we see reasonably priced desktop DDR4.

From my experience, RAM has had a minimal effect on performance - unless we're talking several generations worth of evolution. I'm talking about system memory, not GPU memory - though.

I am interested in Watch Dogs and have been keeping my eyes on it for a while.

I do like open world simulators, to see how the world responds to your actions and this looks like GTA with high-tec world interactions.

There is already a huge number of posts and debate about the PC version on UBi forums, as there has not been much (if any) details on its performance - the only thing that has been shown is an Nvidia trailer PR rubbish.

The only thing that is almost certain is that the PC version is very close to the PS4 version in terms of graphics and performance, and early previews of the PS4 versions are not very good from the technical point of view.

So my worry is that, if it runs modestly on the PS4 dedicated hardware (which is equivalent to a high-end PC), then how would it run on a standard PC with the operating system and other programs running in the background?

Also Ubi don't hold the best track record in PC games anyway!

Joxer: by the way; systemrequirementslab is rubbish and mostly get things wrong. Just use the advertised minimum and recommended system requirements and use your common sense (which is surely better than this web site) as guides.

Not sure what your idea of high end pc is but the ps4 is not the equivalent of one in my opinion.

It's a 1.6ghz amd jaguar mobile proc paired with an amd GPU that equivalent to an hd7870 with some faster ram slapped on.

I'm not saying it can't still produce some great visuals through optimization but as far as raw power it's seriously lacking which is already evident by the fact that many games aren't even able to run at 1080p.

Not looking to start a console vs pc flame war I just can't see the high end system comparison.

Back
Top Bottom