Legends of Dawn - Update #14, Funded

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Legends of Dawn Kickstarter has closed with $47.6k from a $25k goal, meaning all three stretch goals were achieved, including the mod tools. Now the real work begins:
Ahead of us is a lot of work:
- choosing a team to do voice overs and integrating them and paying for licenses (primary goal)
- adding content of 3 stretch goals
- final testing, including testing the changes integrated as per your requests
- finding online place for you to download your files when we prepare them
- finding printing services for physical tiers; Collector’s boxes, DVDs, books etc.
- sorting your addresses and finding ways to send you stuff into many corners of the world
- preparing RPG toolset (Beta)
If any of you are experienced with this and would like to suggest good 3rd party services we'd appreciate it very much.

The most important work of all is we have to continue to build up LoD community and raise our chances on Greenlight. The target we reached here is sufficient to finish the game and to do stretch goals work. However we do have to sell the game in order to secure our existence and development of Legends of Dawn sequels.
So please keep spreading the word and direct your friends to:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=115315981
www.dreamatrix.net
More information.

Finding services to use? They just asked for funding without knowing how much things were going to cost?? Kinda glad I didn't throw into this one. :p

Finding services to use? They just asked for funding without knowing how much things were going to cost?? Kinda glad I didn't throw into this one. :p

Small businesses often run on a wing and a prayer. Cut them some slack. Glad I backed them, but not sure how much I'll enjoy or play the game. $15 - was cheap.

That kinda stuck out odd to me too. But then again, it's possible to estimate costs +/- a reasonable amount without knowing what the exact cost is going to be until you firm up the cost with actual execution. Businesses 'guestimate' all the time. Hopefully, they aren't guessing crazy wrong in the red direction...

I'm looking forward to this ... especially their toolset looks to be pretty awesome. Remember their funding doesn't come just from the kickstarter, this only provides them a nice boost for supporting development. They already have games out there via the Space Force series. Deducting from the questions asked - one can maybe assume they weren't happy with the previous people who did these things for them.

Personally I don't care to much about VO, I would have been just as happy if used the money for other stuff.

Daniel.

I can say only that I can't wait to play the game, and thanks to the huge support, modtools will be out which means I'll (hopefully) be able to remove endless mobrespawns if happens those are too frequent, unnecessary, not fun, boring and annoying. :D

Joxer, do you honestly mean you don't like endless mob respawns? I never could've guessed... ;)

I like the Gothic method, where you can kill everything, then at certain points, (chapters) you get a few respawns, but often tougher stuff.

Daniel.

They did say that there would be a long delay before respawns, so it won't be one of those games where mobs start respawning even before you've killed them.

True. Let's just wait and see. ;)

Back
Top Bottom