Dragon Age - Return to Ostagar Delayed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare's Chris Priestly makes the short, sharp and unexplained announcement that Return to Ostagar has been delayed:
Hello Dragon Age fans,

We’re sorry but the planned Return to Ostagar downloadable content scheduled to launch on January 5th has been delayed for all platforms.

We will update you as new information becomes available.
More information.

Ahhhh... it's too clear what has happened. Saboteur-patriots who oppose the birth of a world where ever hour of gameplay costs you another $5 have been operating behind Bioware lines, booby-trapping ergonomic chairs and pulling up rail lines. The revolution has begun...

devil.png

They shouldn´t have pursued such a half-assed concept in the first place anyway.
Also, 3100 replies in 17 hours, heh.

Release tomorrow!

The delay has been updated: According to greywardens.com Return to Ostagar is going to be released tomorrow on all platforms.

...According to greywardens.com Return to Ostagar is going to be released tomorrow on all platforms.
Not true, unfortunately I was multitasking between fighting the High Dragon and translating Italian to English. The result was me missing the notation that the release tomorrow would be XBox and PC only. In addition the webzine didn't offer anything to make the statement 'official'. Until BioWare makes it's statement take everything with a pitch of salt.

Chris said:
For people who were wondering what happened:

We found a last minute issue and had to delay Return to Ostagar to make sure we deliver the highest quality experience to you, our fans.

We will update once we have more information regarding the new date. We are working to get Return to Ostagar out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/541856&lf=8#550432

As expected really.

Apparently they are shifting which 'holiday season' they are targeting ;)

Rockstar had it's Hot Coffee, BioWare has its Hot Darkspawn Blood.

Is this something that can still be played from a late-game save?

Yep. A new location on the map will pop up regardless of where you are in the game. All you need is access to the map of Ferelden.

Yep. A new location on the map will pop up regardless of where you are in the game. All you need is access to the map of Ferelden.

Cool ... can't wait to give it a try.

Any word when this will be released yet?

I am kind of at a point where this would fit in well before I carry on with any more of the game.

Any word when this will be released yet?

I am kind of at a point where this would fit in well before I carry on with any more of the game.

I haven't seen anything new ... from the forums "The only information released so far is that the DLC is delayed. There has not been an ETA released. "

If this is released within the next few weeks, I'll probably get it. Any longer than that... I'll have moved on from DA completely.

If this is released within the next few weeks, I'll probably get it. Any longer than that… I'll have moved on from DA completely.

Since I had to start a brand new Mage for my Mac game I'm in a similar situation - it has not been made exactly clear if it will work on the Mac version. If it will I'll get it, if not I am pretty well done with my various playthroughs on the PC side ...

From the new Awakening interview (see the news):

IGN: Origins has been supported by a large amount of DLC from launch. The most recent of which, Return to Ostagar, has been delayed until the end of January at the earliest. Is there any explanation as to why the delay occurred? Is it solely to release the DLC for all three platforms at the same time, or was there another issue?

Fernando Melo:No, it has nothing to do with platforms themselves. It's a quality issue where, literally, at the last minute, we spotted something that had made it through our own testing, EA's testing and was at Microsoft already. But it applies to all three platforms; it wasn't something specific to Microsoft, we just happened to catch it there first. We probably could have gone with it, but it's something that was serious enough that we felt it impacted the quality [of the DLC] and we made the choice to delay it to give our fans the best experience with it. That was the reason behind [the delay] -- we want to make sure that we don't cut any corners when we do the DLC. There's already a lot of content out, there's a lot more coming -- we just announced the expansion pack, and there's more coming after that. I think the worst thing we could do after that is do anything "to poison the well," to use the expression, or put fans off from feeling that they're getting the best content from us. It's a long term decision instead of a short term decision.

Fine with me, I can pick up that & anything else that comes out along with the expansion pack (which should be enough of an excuse to go back to it).

Back
Top Bottom