KB: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
1C Company announces in a new press release that Ice and Fire is now available.

King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire Available

MOSCOW, Russia - January 30, 2014 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is thrilled to announce that King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - Ice and Fire is available today digitally. The retail version in various languages will follow at a later date depending on local distributors.

The game has been released for PC for a suggested price of 9,99 USD / 9,99 EUR / 7,99 GBP. Ice and Fire is the official DLC to the released in 2012 King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North.

Ice and Fire features:

- Creature skill system – lead your troops through dozens of battles and they will become stronger than ever!
- Snow Elves – a new Elven nation that prefers snow and blizzard of the Ice Gardens instead of the green forests of Merlassar.
- Necrolizards – a new kind of the undead, Lizardmen that have risen from the dead.
- New locations to explore.
- Over 20 new creatures.
- Revamped creatures of King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North.
- New items with unique attributes.
- Over 20 hours of additional gameplay.

More information about the game can be found at the official website and the official Facebook page.
More information.

More importantly they FINALLY produced a patch for King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North, which amazingly buggy.

Here is the changelog

Edit: And from what I've read on Steam forums the expansion makes the base game run much smoother and they've adjusted some troops value, removed some imbalances, lots of fixes, fewer crashes.

I heard you need to restart the main campaign in order to play this expansion, but not sure. I may give it a try once again if they send a review copy:)

Buggy? We played a different game.
It had a few bugs, I'm not saying it didn't. But nothing excessive like some bestseller still has.

No it wasnt really that buggy, but you had to restart each time it was patched. Its not really a game you want to restart too often as it becomes a real grind. Anyway thats probably the reason I wont rush to get this. I think I have had enough of this formula for now, time to come up with something fresh in the series.

Don't forget I have offered this for free in the 'Writing for RPGWatch' thread if you provide us with a review.

Buggy? We played a different game.
It had a few bugs, I'm not saying it didn't. But nothing excessive like some bestseller still has.

Maybe:) I'm not going to argue with anyone on this forum, but just to be clear here are some nasty bugs people encountered while playing the game. I myself stopped playing due to some of these:

"Art of Concentration on the magic tree at level 2 hangs all battles when used"
"Sometimes the game just gets blocked during fights, the enemy just won't move on their turn so you have to load another game"
"Some quests don't work properly. I could not complete the main quest (after killing the 3 ice dragons and talking to the dwarf king) so i had to leave the area and come back later."
"The rage ability which lays coins on the ground does not work."

Not to mention that it crashes frequently sometimes. Maybe some have been fixed, I'd give it another try when I get the expansion:)

1 & 2 never heard of and didn't have in my game.
3 is true, but almost all quest bugs were fixed in the first patch.
4 might be true, but I've never tried it as it smells as a money sink feature

And I honestly don't remember any frequent crash except ice dragon crashes that if not patched can be fixed easily by changing ice dragon script file (there is a post how to do that on this forum).

When it comes to bugs, there is a huge difference between almost bugless (KB3 goes in that category), buggy (unpatched FO3 and FNV come in mind) and bug-o-rama (Skyrim).

And why not argue, cmon. There is nothing wrong with it unless it moves onto personal insults, but then I'd pull out, you don't have to.

1 & 2 never heard of and didn't have in my game.
3 is true, but almost all quest bugs were fixed in the first patch.
4 might be true, but I've never tried it as it smells as a money sink feature

And I honestly don't remember any frequent crash except ice dragon crashes that if not patched can be fixed easily by changing ice dragon script file (there is a post how to do that on this forum).

When it comes to bugs, there is a huge difference between almost bugless (KB3 goes in that category), buggy (unpatched FO3 and FNV come in mind) and bug-o-rama (Skyrim).

And why not argue, cmon. There is nothing wrong with it unless it moves onto personal insults, but then I'd pull out, you don't have to.

I don't like to argue on such trivial issues. Besides, I've already decided to give KB another try very soon, so Ill share any unpleasant experience with you guys :)

I think those bugs were fixed (definitely the rage coin thing was fixed). When I played it, there were a couple of quests (optional) that were bugged, one I could fix with some console command, the other just remained in my quest log forever. Just minor annoyances.

Back
Top Bottom