Gothic 3 - Shipping to NA

Well, if you don't bother discovering AK, which takes a 'little' initial effort, you'll never experience magic, will you. Perhaps they were raised on D&D where the 2 rarely mix!!

I can't imagine playing Gothic without *some* magic use.

Neither can I, but then I always play a mage!! :)

Neither can I, but then I always play a mage!! :)

I play as either mage or Paladin, this first time with G3 my early staff and ancient knowledge investments has pointed me the way of the mage ;)

I'm interested whether your mage route is the most difficult like G1/G2. You said you are using a staff for melee right? Did they implement weapon rage (reach) like the previous games?

I'm interested whether your mage route is the most difficult like G1/G2. You said you are using a staff for melee right? Did they implement weapon rage (reach) like the previous games?

Yep - it is very nice to have 'greatsword' like striking ability, and because of the staff technique, you get good 'collateral damage' - I was in a cave full of wolves near Montera and was getting my killing blow on one wolf and then took nearly half of the life off the other wolf nipping at me ...

I think I'll follow in your footsteps since I'm not in love with the melee to say the least. BTW, I'm guessing you'll be having a review of G3 eventually? You will really stand out from the crowd if you delve into the magic system!

BTW, I'm guessing you'll be having a review of G3 eventually?
Two, actually - my usual GamerDad and a follow-on to my preview at AceGamez. Of course, in the ~500 word GamerDad review (incl. Kid Factor) there isn't much room for 'delving', but I typically do ~2000 words in my AceGamez stuff.

yes it is great to be able to play classes in this game. in prior gothics it was choosing different guilds to play not so much a diffinitive characterb for me at least. i can actually play a mage who never learns and fighting, hunting, or smithing skills and can put down the sword after the first battle. staff fighting is still strength based, but i have close to 200 without spending any lp in it.

lecterns too, but sadly no books. which is painfully funny beacause there is a slot in the inventory for them. this is one thing that oblivion has over gothic 3 at least. there really should be a lot more history to learn about in the mainland. there are lots of isolated places in the game too, that with no npcs and nothing but ruins/destruction would have been great to find journals about their lives...

It does add some nice depth to a game - even Doom 3 was made a bit more interesting with all those email logs lying around.

yes an area 51 had you scaning corpses for information, added something that unspectacular game.

i'm looking forward to the 'phono' logs, i think thats what they are, in bioshock.

Back
Top Bottom