Drox Operative - Pre-Orders Open

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You can now preorder Soldak's space action/RPG Drox Operative for $14.99, which also gets you immediate access to the current beta build:
The new starship action RPG, Drox Operative, is available for pre-order!
For Immediate Release

Dallas, Texas, June 14, 2012 - Pre-orders of Drox Operative are now available (Windows & Mac) at http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Buy.html

Gamers who pre-order Drox Operative will receive full access to the latest beta build, a reduced pre-order price of only $14.99, the opportunity to give Soldak feedback on our forums which can influence the game, and of course, the final version when it becomes available.

Drox Operative is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer.

Eons ago the Drox ruled the galaxy through their mighty Operatives. These elite starship captains were trained to accomplish the impossible at whatever cost necessary. Whether employing stealth or brute force, they were always deadly. Using these Operatives, the Drox built a starlane system for quick travel amongst the stars, colonized and conquered millions of planets, and ruled the galaxy with an iron grip for over 100,000 years. Eventually realizing their Operatives were a threat, they attempted to assassinate all of them. They failed. The following Galactic Civil War was devastating.

Thousands of years later, the Drox are extinct, but the secretive Drox Operative guild lives on. They have learned their lesson though: loyalty to any one race is foolish. They now work for whoever can pay. And pay they do! Empires might span hundreds of planets and thousands of ships, but when a critical task arises, they still turn to an Operative.

In the new space race, the major races are scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy by diplomacy, technology, war, or any other means their scheming minds can contemplate.

As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage all of those annoying people, build thousands of buildings, play nice with your enemies, or balance the budget. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the coolest, deadliest ship in the known universe. Not many screw with an Operative captaining a Dreadnaught!

For more information about Drox Operative, head over to http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Overview.html

Features:
  • Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
  • Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
  • Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
  • Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
  • Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
  • Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
  • Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer
More information.

Don't know that I'm ready to take the plunge on this one yet, but I'd sure be curious to hear from someone who does.

Soldak are those guys that made Din's curse?If so this game should be interesting.Din's curse had some interesting ideas but not so good realization.Don't get me wrong game wasn't bad just some aspect weren't done best.I am interested in this game just not now since I am preoccupied with sins of solar empire rebellion most and little less with krater so I am definitely going to wait for some reviews and feedback.

Yes, we also made Din's Curse, Depths of Peril, and Kivi's Underworld.

I have bought both din's curse and depths of peril. Is there any gameplay videos of this game? I'm interested but it seems the screenshots on your site our quite old?

Edit: who am I kidding…bought and installing now.

Edit 2: fraking awesome....like Din's curse in space sorta.

Last edited:
Edit: who am I kidding…bought and installing now.

I would appreciate if you post some feedback since I am highly interested.Din's curse had some flaws but none of them stoped me from soaking up more hours that I did on some classic.Din's cures might not be as good as diablo/titan quest/sacred but it's lot better and complex better that similar priced games like krater/torchlight/deathspank etc.

I would appreciate if you post some feedback since I am highly interested.Din's curse had some flaws but none of them stoped me from soaking up more hours that I did on some classic.Din's cures might not be as good as diablo/titan quest/sacred but it's lot better and complex better that similar priced games like krater/torchlight/deathspank etc.

Ok I hav e only played maybe 5 to 10 minutes busy day here. It plays a lot like dins curse in that you choose your difficulty level etc. You start off with a couple of caches near you which are empty(same as any action rpg) and then you move out and around...you thrust around a lot like star control and then get into fights find loot etc...I found a wormhole to another galaxy for instance, it really feels a lot like an action rpg in space.

You have slots on your ship for things you find, similar to a normal action rpg. So far I haven't got deep enough for quests etc was just goofing off really, but I like the feel of the game. I know that's not much to go on but take it for what it is.

There are so few SF aRPG out there, that I have not hesitated for a minute in pre ordering it.
True not many SF aRPGs around but main reason why I am excited about new soldak's game is to see how dynamic event system evolved because I found pretty exciting and hope to see it on lager scale.

Man the game is pretty deep...been playing for over an hour at the 0 level and haven't beaten it yet, which is different then depths of peril....seems pretty hard to get enough money to buy things but fun.

Back
Top Bottom