Age of Decadence - July Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Vince provides the July Update for The Age of Decadence on the Iron Tower forums. He discusses work on the Alchemy system, icons and descriptions as well as adding more branching in general play:
Oscar's still rearranging Maadoran. Those who followed the game for a while would remember that the towns were split into districts (which was a bad idea for more reasons than one). So, Oscar's putting all Maadoran's districts together and the city looks better every time I look at it. Very city-like and very urban, which creates a unique look (i.e. it's not like Teron but bigger – it really does look different and has a different atmosphere; same goes for Ganezzar and Caer-Tor).

I'm still tweaking quests, expanding dialogues, and adding more content. Now, since we have to show you something, here are a few dialogue shots (attached) introducing Strabos and the merchants guild's Maadoran questline. […]
Also, the quests have a lot more branching than what you saw in the demo (which is one of the things that I'm working on now). While Teron had plenty of paths, most options were skill-based, which could easily create a very linear experience for you. We're adding more 'personal' choices and outcomes, so hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.
More information.

Last edited:
wrong link in url tag I'm afraid :F

Age of decadence on Bethblog... that could make a few people a bit angry :)

I find it hilarious. The ultimate codex of irony, that.

still disappointed with all these content updates and still collecting preorder cash. not ponying up a penny until this is released.

Back
Top Bottom