Avernum 6 - Released for Mac!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb has released Avernum 6 - the last of the series - for the Mac. As usual, there is a lengthy demo and expect to see the PC version in a couple of months. Here's the feature list as a reminder:

• An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
  • A fascinating storyline, full of surprises, treachery, and epic battles.
  • Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
  • Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
  • Unique game world. Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any RPG out there.
  • Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 6.
More information.

After porting the game to Windoes, he'll start working on a new game series. I'm looking forward to learn more about that. Anyone got any information/ideas?

All I can say is that beta testing this has been a joy ... have already restarted playing the final version so I can just enjoy it. My fave of his games!

Almost feels weird playing a Spiderweb game at 1920x1200 in sharp detail.

Has he updated the game system so its not the same as the last 5? I like his games, just feels like you are playing an extended version of the same game.

Hrrmph!!!!

Hahaha, sorry. :p I played it a bit and I thought I would be put off by the old-school graphics and gameplay, but the story and the way it is told (a lot of pop-up text windows) makes up for a lot. I think if I'd really dive into the whole thing, I could be immersed. However, I do feel it would take a decent investment and there are just so many games that I want to play at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom