Age of Decadence - Combat Demo Comments

Dhruin

SasqWatch
...from Annie Carlson, no less. Annie has posted a point-by-point critique from some time with the still in development Age of Decadence combat demo, which will no doubt lead to lots more polishing before we get to play with it. The list is too long to print here but here is her summary:
Overall, please don’t let this tone mislead you. The base format of the combat I find very fun and interesting, the world looks great, and I’m impressed with the dialogue (the fight barks get a little repetitive and Brian said that they had good curses in the HBO series Rome that mostly apparently had to do with dogs, pigs, and people’s mothers, and I suggested the phrase “a sweaty swine’s foreskin” as a fun little starter curse. Hee. I like to say bad things). I wanted to run around and check out a larger world, and the demo made me crave this experience keenly. I think there are a lot of things that need to be worked out with the combat to make it more challenging than frustrating, difficult but not overly punishing. But I think those are definitely easily within the realm of possibility, and I’m looking forward to seeing that happen.
More information.

Added Gareth Fouche's and Brian Mitsoda's demo feedback. Same thread.

You have some seriously badass game testers there. All of the posts were informative and well thought out, especially Mitsoda's -- even though I got a whiff of screaming frustration due to bad luck there.

Looking forward to this more by the day.

I liked Annies. You could feel her frustration. I think Annie wanted to kill/maim/toture that crossbow man.

Some very nice insights there ... definitely looking forward to this!

Back
Top Bottom