[BUG] CIA boat: horribly stuck

player1

Watchdog
After some Indian cultist mission, I had prolong firefight on CIA boat. After getting outside of ship deck and fighting on cargo section (on open), I got 2nd objective (captain key), but had no widget key (1st objective), so I was stuck and unable to get back to main part of the ship.

Help?

Even console command that would make me bypass this would be helpful.
(like spawning that damned "wicked key" - gg version name).

EDIT:
If I don't get a way out of this, I'm pretty much abandoning the game. I don't want to replay several hours of gameplay due to stupid bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
After some Indian cultist mission, I had prolong firefight on CIA boat. After getting outside of ship deck and fighting on cargo section (on open), I got 2nd objective (captain key), but had no widget key (1st objective), so I was stuck and unable to get back to main part of the ship.

That happened to me too! The first key is in the middle of the boat, in one of the sections filled with water. You need to return to an earlier saved game and get it. That is a very badly done level, because you can blow up the boxes near the gate and still will be stopped by invisible barriers! Sadly two console commands that would have helped and work with The Precursors do not work with White Gold.

ARGHHH!!!. I need to replay whole CIA section then.

Hmm… Is there any cheat at least for god mode? Redoing whole section again is tedious. ;)

And my character got above 90% medicine addiction, so my stims started healing less then ordinary fruit (that's what you get when you design game to have two very long combat sequences: Indians and then CIA). Making whole experience full of save/loads to minimize injuries (not fun).

P.S.
I noticed that tank grenades do wonders against enemy infantry. They have huge blast radius, but AI doesn't handle that well, and never gets far enough in cover.

Unfortunately, they easily destroy most of wooden crates, so there is always danger of getting stuck (for example you need to climb on crates "as staircase", but you could destroy them with tank grenade). It's good to know, that this wasn't issue in my case, and that I just forgot key in section inside the ship (right before cargo area on open).

Anyway, I did the replay, and found out why it's so easy to miss the key.

In the area inside ship, there is a small section, where is room with jukebox at left side. Door up front goes to interior cargo section, and if you do there without getting wicket key you will get stuck. There is also a door to the right, that is locked.

What you need to do is to go to room with jukebox, and at other wall there is another door to different ship section (very easy to miss). There you kill some guys, go small part underwater, and you'll get the key, and exit on other side (where locked door was).

See? Very easy to mill.

If it is possible in any way to edit this, I would recommend locking main front door with same key, to prevent player from progressing further without key, which will get them stuck.

If it is possible in any way to edit this, I would recommend locking main front door with same key, to prevent player from progressing further without key, which will get them stuck.

I hope we will figure out how to edit the maps themselves one fine day, but right now I can't even open them in the editor. The only working console commands that I found are ADDHEALTH and ADDARMOR, which should help you through any problems :)!

I am not stuck or at least hope I won't be later.:S

Point is that I tried to land with a helicopter on this boat. And succeeded. :cool:
At the first attempt on the cargo part I got stuck as I couldnt jump high enough to get into the helipopter again and I didn't have a key for the gate to the bridge part.
At the second attempt I landed behind the bridge. Very tight spot, but it can be done and such that you can fly off again. I cleared this whole level and it was obvious that I shouldn't be here as this looked to something related to the main quest. Sorry, I was just curious. :)

Anyway I had some fun here and looted everything I could and got 5000 pesos after selling at the nearest service platform. Now I need to find a doctor to get rid of syringe addiction. :D

Great, another nasty game-breaker I ran into - got 2nd key for control panel, but missed 1st key for gate -- and could NOT go backwards. good thing I searched on the Net. Took me here.

Good thing I make LOTS of saves...

Back
Top Bottom