Mass Effect 3 - Single Player DLC teased @ Comic-Con

aries100

SasqWatch
Joystiq has news that Mike Gamble at Comic-Con teased about possible single-player DLC.
A quote:
That single-player DLC, whatever it is, will still be about Shepard, not someone else in the universe. "<em style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: #333333; line-height: 22px;">Mass Effect 3[/i] is Shepard's story," said Gamble, "so the single-player DLC for<em style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: #333333; line-height: 22px;">Mass Effect 3[/i] will probably focus around Shepard."
More information.

Too late, guys. I'm done with ME3, ain't going back. Given the nature of the ending, any single-player DLC would have to do violence to continuity -- which for me is death in a narrative-centric game like Mass Effect.

Likewise. They have been deleted from my PC. I just don't enjoy playing something when a game has officially ended and ME3 made it pretty clear that was the end.

Isn't it already known that Leviathan is a single player DLC for ME3? What's with the mystery statement?

Looks like they'll try anything to get people to play ME 3 again. Good luck with that, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....

-Carn

That's the risk you take by playing a game as soon as it's released… especially with Bioware. I'm so glad I waited til now to start playing this series.

After the game ended they had that quick bit about further tails then dropped you back in your ship just before the final mission. It's probably just going to be another planet you can go to and do another big mission. So you just go back to one of your last saves (or even the last autosave) and go do the mission. No destruction of continuity needed.

Looks like they'll try anything to get people to play ME 3 again. Good luck with that, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice…..
Why would they do that? They don't get paid every time you play.

So you just go back to one of your last saves (or even the last autosave) and go do the mission. No destruction of continuity needed.

It's destructive of *my* game continuity. Shepard has reached the end of her narrative arc. 'Going back' and inserting new events into the story I've already played through exceeds the tensile strength of my disbelief suspenders. Perhaps that's ideosyncratic on my part, but it's not like I don't have plenty of other games to play. Some of them are even from Bioware! :)

They don't get paid every time you play.

They do get paid every time they convince you to buy more DLC, though.

Personally, I liked the game, and I hope they do release some kind of DLC about Shepard with some meat on it. Wasn't really a fan of most of the ME2 DLC that consisted of adding X new companion character and 2-3 hour companion mission.

Never played the series. Happily put my limited time into Skyrim, New Vegas, the Gothics, Deus Ex series etc. It has piqued my interest from time to time, but could never make the plunge. I guess I'm mentioning it because I'm strangely glad I've avoided it all this time.

Never played the series. Happily put my limited time into Skyrim, New Vegas, the Gothics, Deus Ex series etc. It has piqued my interest from time to time, but could never make the plunge. I guess I'm mentioning it because I'm strangely glad I've avoided it all this time.

Mark my words. Someday you'll regret missing out on the "artistic integrity" that is Mass Effect 3. It will haunt your very soul.

__

Why would they do that? They don't get paid every time you play.

Because when you are playing their games, you are not playing others'games. Which also means that when you are playing their games, you have less opportunity to buy a game from another company to play it.

Bioware's DLC is usually not very good. Now that I think about it, ever since their first add-on to their first RPG, they've been mostly pretty lackluster.

ME2: Overlord and ME2: Lair of the Shadow Broker were both quite good, definitely worth grabbing before playing through the game. I wouldn't bother picking up DLCs just for the sake of the DLC though - pick them up when/if you intend to replay the game as a whole.

I'm wondering how they will bring Shepard back from death (again) this time if the DLC story is after what's happened with Reapers and all. Still haven't bought ME3. Not in any hurry. Just waiting till price go under $50 then I will consider it... ;)

In the "multiplayer easter egg" ending he survived though IIRC. Also, the DLC is probably before the ending, which means you must use the pre-Cerberus HQ savegame to play it.

Back
Top Bottom