If you had been considering an XBox One, now is the time to change your mind.

Couchpotato said:
Sony has no no drm and no authentication, but will feature a paid online service just like Microsoft had last generation. At least the rumors and facts of both systems are known now.

Also price:
Xbone: $499, €499, £429
PS4: $399, €399, £349

PS4: better hardware (slightly), used games, no online authentication, cheaper.
Xbone: the infinite powaz of the cloud and some TV.

It really is a no-brainer.

Also price:
Xbone: $499, €499, £429
PS4: $399, €399, £349

PS4: better hardware (slightly), used games, no online authentication, cheaper.
Xbone: the infinite powaz of the cloud and some TV.

It really is a no-brainer.

And also most of the third part titles announced as exclusive to the xbox one that I am personally interested in, were actually announced as exclusive to the xbox AND PC. To me that is not an incentive to chose an xbox one over a PS4 but an incentive to upgrade my PC. The price and policy difference between the xbox one and PS4 however are reasons I might chose a PS4 over an xbox one however. Basically their announcements have confirmed that upgrading/replacing my gaming PC is my first priority and convinced me that the first console I will buy will more likely be the PS4 if/when I buy either.

Yes they did the video should be called how"How to Win the Console War in 2 Minutes". I never seen so many people shout for joy on a console reveal.

Sony has no no drm and no authentication, but will feature a paid online service just like Microsoft had last generation. At least the rumors and facts of both systems are known now.

It's up to the buyer now to see what they prefer.:)

Not happy to hear abou pay online service. That's why I have a ps3 now instead of an Xbox. I don't want to pay for a yearly service for a console I'm only buying to play madden on.

Damn EA for discontinuing madden on pc otherwise I wouldn't need to support consoles at all.

Reselling clothes is BS anyway. If it's not a clothing you want to keep don't buy it. Things would change very fast then.

Fixed it for you. ;)

We do have shops here selling used clothes - profiteers are the people from the lower levels of society who just can't afford "fresh" clothes.
And especially for small kids its working - small kids grow really fast.

Games can get resold a hundred times

BS. The CDs and the DvDs would be SO scratchy you wouldn't be able to see your own face in them anymore.
Games are usually sold 5 times MAXIMUM.

Reselling… There is one other thing noone mentioned (at least I didn't see it).

There are PC games millions are playing. One of those is League of Legends.
It's f2p. What happens?
You register, level your char in a few weeks to max (level 30 currently) and then sell the acc. You're not reselling a game. And everyone's happy. The seller who nets the cash, the buyer who couldn't be arsed to "waste time" on learning curve.

I'm not saying this could or couldn't work on consoles too. But how many console games can beat PC MMOs? The example I used, that game, it's a game not available on consoles and still millions are playing it and it's a cash cow (currently).

And those billionssold-my-arse console exclusives? Honestly, trying to make me buy a console by making an exclusive title is not my problem not I plan to solve it by buying a console. I don't want to buy a console as I believe it's just an expensive junk and that's it. Obviously, they don't want my money otherwise they'd have ported those games already.
Or in the end we're talking about useless crap not really worth it's price so let's add the word "exclusive" to make it sound fancy and hope it'll sell better.

I don't even know how long i've boycotted Sony because of their proprietary memory, DRM and high prices back in the day. I'm guessing at least 20 years.

BUT I'm getting a PS4!

MS is messing up this year. Metro on a desktop, no thanks at all. Xbox 1, yeaahhhh thats a hell no.

I really didn't expect Sony to go this route because they are just as arrogant as MS.

BS. The CDs and the DvDs would be SO scratchy you wouldn't be able to see your own face in them anymore.
Games are usually sold 5 times MAXIMUM.

It's a problem with digital versions though. Physically they don't age. You could argue that the content ages anyway, because technology moves on, better, prettier games become available etc. Still, a resold digital version would never be different from a "new" digital version as long as that is being sold.
So I can understand that for digital versions reselling is restricted. And well, although physical versions will probably never fully go away, I expect the bulk of game sales will soon be digital, if it isn't already.

People just don't care about CDs & DvDs. Believe me, I have seen game CDs so scratchy that it was a wonder that they were recognized at all.

On Ebay, someone who sold me an Star Wars strategy game told me, the quality of the CDs was "good, but everybody sees things differently". In fact, I actually couldn't see my face in these CDs ! Such a fool !

DVDs decay over time but if you play a game for a day or so you could have a thousand people use it before it dies.

CDs are basically immortal, there's simply nothing but an exploded CD that can't be polished. I have fixed ones so scratched you can't see at all.

Why the publishers complain is gamestop buys back games for 9 bucks then sells them for 10 bucks less than the original, right next to the original. Easiest solution is, don't sell to gamestop or other companies that do that, and that's what they are smartening up to do.

I don't like all the crap M$ is doing but unfortunately, if Xbone has some nice games I will bend over... and I think most people who are now complaining (legitimately) will do too. M$ knows this hence why they are spending lot of money into new games which will be Xbone exclusive...

I don't like all the crap M$ is doing but unfortunately, if Xbone has some nice games I will bend over… and I think most people who are now complaining (legitimately) will do too. M$ knows this hence why they are spending lot of money into new games which will be Xbone exclusive…

Yes, Microsoft will sell *millions* of XBones. But look at it this way, Sony sold millions - and they lost so much money from that division that it has had a dramatically negative effect on the company and its image and future. Sony is a different company than they were a decade ago - largely due to the decisions around the PS3 (and PSP) and the aftermath.

There are three business models for game hardware:
- Make money from the start (Nintendo, Apple)
- Lose money at first but turn to profit through manufacturing efficiency and licensing, etc - Microsoft, Amazon, etc.
- Lose money forever - Sony.

People bitching and people acting are too very different things.

Back
Top Bottom