The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I guess I can bring my level 6 cleric for tomorrow. Shall we do Sharn Syndicate or maybe start Three Barrel Gorge?

I use my pure good staff and it's great, but I also like my starter mace which gives me Devotion II that enhances healing effects. So when I'm defensive I use the mace and when I'm solo or supporting the fighters I use the staff. I haven't found pure good or holy maces yet. The downside with the staff is that I can't use the shield to get better AC.

Let's see what people need to complete. I'd think Sharn is a good possibility, though some might want Catacombs still. Not sure how many have done Tangles. I'd wait for Barrels till we've finished STK.

Well today I spent 10+ hours wrestling with the transmission in one of These. Tomorrow, I hope to get it out fully so I can get the clutch out. So I may be late, depending on how tomorrow goes. Hopefully I can get it out before lunch, so that there's no real effect on the rest of the day.

I don't recommend Catacombs since we've run it a million times. I'm only heading there for a spare staff. I'm for seeing who shows up and seeing what they have.

Large Steel Shield +2 of Devotion II. FTW ;) I still prefer THF over S&B though.

*EDIT*

My mom wants to feed me. So I probably won't be able to come in on time tonight, if at all. Sorry.

Last edited:
Don't wait up for me, honey. ;)

I've gotten assigned duties by the Mrs. Probably won't get free in time to do much of anything with the group. Sorry.

I built a ranger with emphasis on bow and spot/search and have been tinkering around with her. That's probably going to be my last character, although I've got an additional slot. Gives me the barby, the battle cleric, and the ranger. They're all level 4, although the barby is getting pretty close to level 5. When the time comes, I can bring whatever the party needs.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I was only on because we had to wait for my brother to show up, and as usual, he was late. Only an hour this time though, which is good by his standards. I just got back.

We just finished; there were only 3 of us. We did the last chapter of Catacombs, Stolen Signet, and failed at Bookbinders without a rogue.

I logged onto Skype and had problems right from the get go. I just logged off then jumped in DDO. I forgot everyone's names. I know most first names but couldn't remember the last. In any case I was playing as my rogue for quite some time and looking out for any guild members in towns. Needless to say I never caught up with you guys. I need an invite to guild at some point. That way at least you all will know I'm on and if you need a rogue I can be available.

Speaking of my rogue I've had bunches of fun playing her. Got her dragonmark today too! The mark gives me 3 heals at +10 plus I can use and powerup at shrines. I still don't like that she's a halfling. They run funny and she's NOT sexy at all but I can deal. Sort of. :)

I hope to play a bit on Sunday as I'm off so if anyone jumps on please look for me and chatty me and invite me to guild.

Ciao! ~L

…er, I tried that remember and you ignored me!! :) If you want to get your rogue involved, then you need to do 2 things: First log on as your fighter, then find one of us who is online as well through the Guild listing and arrange to bring in your rogue. Once we ALL know you're there, it will be easy to do.

I wish they'd fix Halflings' monkey-walk. :p

That, and that alone is why I don't like playing with my monk too much. I do like having the Halfling Dragonmarks though. You can get extra uses from a line of enhancements. So you might want to look into those.

Mine has actually pulled main healer role in a pug with two other players before. That is kinda sad, but how it goes some times. When the party consists of a Barbarian and a Ranger, both of whom think you have unlimited healing available…

*EDIT*

Got my Bard up to 5 today, and swapped a spell out for one more useful.

Last edited:
What swap did you make? My Bard is level 5, so I'm interested in comparing.

Charm Person. Even with 20 CHA (18 base, +1 item, +1 enhancement), I would have it fail 9/10 times. Where as Hypnotize would take out 4-5 critters at once, as would Soundburst. So now I'm relying on those two spells to handle CC for me, and grabbed Detect Secret Doors for some added usefulness (at least until I find a DSD clickie to replace it).

I also got a +2 STR belt in the WW, so now my Strength is 18. I average 11-14pts per hit with my staff, and as high as 30 on a crit. When I had left WW, I needed all of 1 xp to level, so I wandered the C hills until I found a rare.

Hmmmm....... sounds reasonable so I might take a look. Strangely, Charm rarely fails for me- guess I'm just such a charming person!! :)

LOL. It's the Aussie charm. :p

I don't know why it sucks for me. Hypnotize will work wonders, every time. So will Soundburst. But Charm, either does not work, or works so short a time that it wasn't worth the sp to cast. In most cases I've used it, I was better off firing a Hypnotize instead, then bashing in some brains. Soundburst is better for knocking out casters, but I can still hit it reliably on non-casters.

As a note, since I made her as a vet build, I skipped CLW entirely. Got Expeditious Retreat for until I get Haste (next level I think, depends on how many level 3 picks I get) instead. +25% move speed is nice, though I'll swap it out later for something else. I have CMW for my healing.

Might log on in a couple of mins and check out what my Bard is doing!! :)

Soundburst is level 2 and untill I get a wand of Blur, I don't have spare slot. CMW and a pet take up 2 of the 3 slots with Blur my 3rd. I have secret doors at level 1, but don't need it since I have 3 wands of that, but there's nothing else at that level I really like.

Last edited:
The thing about Summons is that they only last until you get the next level of summons. I'd just use scrolls or wands, rather than waste a spell slot. It's expensive to swap them out, 2500gp for a level 1 spell. Summon Monster II isn't that expensive as a scroll, nor as a wand. Certainly cheaper than 2500gp, to swap Summon I to something else, then another what, 3000? 4000? to swap Summon II, etc...

For Wizards and Clerics, it's fine since you just memorize the next spell level as needed. For Sorcerers and Bards (and Favored Souls), it's just too much money to be swapping spells every few levels. Especially since you're likely to be doing that anyway.

Funny thing, I was goofing off with a random build (I keep an open slot for just that purpose now), and built a rogue/bard hybrid. Seems the rogue gets more useless items to start than any other class. Boots that give a +1 to Tumble when they get the Nimble Hand set, which has a +3 to Tumble; and Leather Armor +1 that's no better than the Black Widow Bracers they get. You literally have the same AC running around wearing the starter rags as the armor.

So you have some 4 slots open for useful items.

I should log on. I can't sleep, since the sirens are going off. I'm under a tornado warning right now, as well as flash flood warning and severe thunderstorm warning. Satellite's out so I'm using Firefox and a radio to monitor the weather.

I agree with everything you said, but since I've mainly been playing my Bard solo, the level 2 summon was worthwhile. If I used it more in a group then I wouldn't worry about summon. Might have to consider a wand, but swapping it in and out is a pain; sometimes I forget to swap back to a weapon and that can be costly :)

Well, I played through the rest of Catacombs... and guess what? Not only did I end up with a hefty repair bill for my new Acid Staff, but I didn't pull the PG Staff as a quest reward. :mad: Got some goggles that will go good for my Wizard.

I'm going to try again, with my Monk. I need to anyway, since there are some ghost touch handwraps there I know I'll be needing eventually.

Bounced around character to character today, but didn't do much on any one. I did find a dirty and easy way to deal with the Wraith in Catacombs. Bring a sacrificial victim/hireling.

I solo with my Bard as well, for the most party. PUGs want Clerics and Rogues, not Bards, and even when playing on Fridays I'm usually pulling wither healer or melee duty. Something that Ijii isn't quite capable of yet.

I actually looked into the new Greater Reincarnation that just came out for my Paladin. From what I read, it allows me to respec her as a 32pt build, and repick my feats and skills and stats up to my current level. The only question is whether or not I keep the points from my tomes. Gonna ask eventually, if I don't grab a tome for my Cleric before I think of it.

It's expensive, but since Rachail is the only one of my characters not a 32pt build, it's somewhat needed. I don't want to reroll her though. Especially since I'd have all the somewhat reasonable equipment to find a place for.

As none of my chars are 'good', I wasn't able to use the PG staff. All mine are some form of neutral.

I used greater reincarnation to get a 32-pt build for my cleric and paladin. This is what I read about tomes:

With Lesser (and Greater) Reincarnation, your tomes will gradually re-apply themselves as you increase in level, at the minimum levels tomes can be applied at.
If you ate a +3 strength tome, for instance, and then lesser reincarnated, you would get a +1 inherent bonus strength at level 3, +2 at level 7, and +3 at level 11.

Back
Top Bottom