Might & Magic X - Deluxe Box & Release Date

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers talk the deluxe box and release date for Might & Magic X in this new video. Though it appears if you live in the US you can't watch the video. Sorry blame them not me. To sum it all up the planned release date is January 23.

For about five months now players have been able to play the Early Access version of Might & Magic X – Legacy. Today the Devs talk about Deluxe Box & Release Date of Might & Magic X - Legacy starring Stephan Winter and Julien Pirou. Stephan, CEO of Limbic Entertainment, and Julien, lead designer at Ubisoft, go back over the Might & Magic X project and reveal details about the game.
More information.

Too early if you ask me unless have have lots of not-released patches.
In addition it's extremely bad timing.
Come on:
14. Jan: The Banner Saga
24. Jan: Blackguards
25. Jan: Might and Magic X
??. Jan: Shadowrun: Dragonfall
14. Feb: Eschalon Book 3
28. Feb: Divinity Original Sin

Who cares for the vid? Lemme check Steam... Yea, I've bought early access already. Good.

Wake me up on 23th next month.

Well they posted the American version without the deluxe boxed part. So if you had the not available in your area message watch this video instead.

To beat a dead horse some more, this game could have been stellar without the cumbersome outdoor movement. As it stands, it looks great... but marred by that design choice.

I agree with you Drithius. I'm still looking forward to it above all the others on that list except for maybe the new Divinity game.

To beat a dead horse some more, this game could have been stellar without the cumbersome outdoor movement. As it stands, it looks great… but marred by that design choice.

How is it cumbersome? I think grid-based movement is very easy to play

It's definitely limiting, but a lot easier to implement correctly than unconstrained 3d movement.

It's a compromise to save development and and test resources for sure, though.

It is cumbersome because it is not fluid.

If you look at other games with grid movement you will see, that moving from tile 1 to 3 is done with 2 clicks which add up to one fluid movement (e.g. Stonekeep).
In M&M X you have like half a second pause each time you reach a new tile. It's extremely annoying if you are moving longer ways and completely unnecessary.

Though it appears if you live in the US you can't watch the video.

Normally it's vice versa. :p

;)
That does it!! I think it's time for the US to invade Europe and make France our 51st state :)

Well, we have to kill every single French person for that to be viable, but I'm game. This is a joke folks. What country wants to defeat France yet again. We'd just end up rebuilding the country (again).

Hmm, it looks to me like he is looking around and turning in the beginning of the video?

I thought this isn't possible....

It works pretty much like in Grimrock. You can look around and everything is 3D of course. But the game movement is still grid based.

Maybe you played Realms of Arkania Startrail? It's a pretty good example because there you can switch between both modes freely.

Hold the right mouse button and you can move your view in any direction.

Watch improvments of movement in current version (not in early access):

Back
Top Bottom