Fantasy Wars: Elven Legacy - Expansion Trilogy Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I suspecty this might be a little controversial. Paradox has announced a trilogy of expansions for Elven Legacy, with Ranger, Siege and Magic all due to be released a month apart starting late October:
Gaming's epic fantasy trilogy is upon us!

NEW YORK – September 29th 2009 – Great fictional moments come in threes. Now gaming has its own in the form of the Elven Legacy Trilogy, three epic expansion packs for the Fantasy Strategy title Elven Legacy from Paradox Interactive, releasing in October, November and December 2009.

Continuing the intense tale of a world that pits elf against human, the first of the trilogy, Ranger, is set to release on October 20th and will feature 16 new campaign missions, two new main heroes, along with new artifacts and spells.

Fans will then only have a month to wait for the middle chapter, Siege, which will follow on November 17th and will contain 19 new campaign missions (as well as additional unlockable bonus missions), two different armies and three new heroes.

The concluding chapter in this epic saga, Magic, will then be available on December 1st and will comprise of 15 new mission campaigns (along with a bonus mission), a new hero and the return of some older heroes, additional tactical possibilities, and new spells and magical artifacts.

Ranger, Siege and Magic will be exclusively available for digital download at all major digital download portals for a suggested retail price of €9.99 and $9.99. For current Elven Legacy promotions, go to http://www.direct2drive.com/7857/product/Buy-Elven-Legacy-Download.
More information.

Hmm...so IIRC this first expansion pack is the one they announced awhile back and these other ones are "new"....or did that last expansion already land and all three of these are new....or was that last mentioned expansion split into 3 parts into thus current situation?

/confused

Sounds like 3 different expansions, each one for 10 bucks. Really they just generated several new campaigns and selling each as an expansion, but for 10 bucks its not that bad of a deal. Plus direct2drive is selling the game for $5 at the moment.

Yeah, the Elven Legacy Xpack has been out for awhile. These three DDL's are new. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me—I just started playing Fantasy Wars this week and 15-19 mission campaigns represent a boatload of game time.

Disciples did something like this (with the first one in the series, I think)- they released two packs: Servants of the Light and Servants of the Dark, and HoMM did the same thing as well IIRC—small expansions where you get to play a one- or two-faction set of campaigns. It's mostly for people already addicted to the game, but it sounds like they're doing their best to keep it interesting with new heroes and spells and so forth.

Looks like yet more for my ever-expanding fall and winter list. :)

Last edited:
I might get these. Elven Legacy was fun and quite challenging. But there are too many games for me to play right now... Majesty 2 is taking all my time right now, though I will have finished it soon.

I really enjoyed Elven Legacy ... I'm definitely grabbing these.

Expansion for the Expansion ???

Back
Top Bottom