What games are you playing now?

I just finished playing Lord of the Rings : war of the ring.. still thinking what to play next, any suggestions? :)

Sure.
Pick any singleplayer RPG.

If you need a specific title, you'll have to say what kind of a game you'd want. Do you need an awsome story or you don't care for that stuff? Do you want quantity and couldn't care less for quality? Do you enjoy hours of mindless combat and don't give a damn about quests that are not about killing mobs? Etc.
Give us an input, what stuff exactly would you like to see under your fingers.

Have managed to sink 30+ hours into Kingdoms of Amalur.
Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Better writing than in Skyrim (well, thats not hard..)
Bit of a clickfest sometimes but I like the more "Celtic" fantasy with Fae and all.

If you're a compulsive completionist (as I unfortunately am) its a bit overwhelming.

C

@joxer: Alistair is always whiny…. and weak. That's why you need to "harden" him to make him less sissy.

Sounds like a good entry for TV Tropes ! :lol:

Just finished dishonored, an ok game (I'll give it an arbitrary 7/10). I was surprised how short it was, but I think that is a good thing.

Now I can finally see sell my ps3 and buy a decent PC again Next up the witcher deux, can't wait

After dabbling in a few different games, I've settled into Clive Barker's Undying again. They really don't make games like this anymore.

Yeah, Undying! Love the game. Really love it. And all the nice asses ... I mean, donkeys.

I finished Hexen for the nth time ... after I replayed the vanilla DOS version as a fighter last month, I played the latest Doomsday version this turn, and as a mage at that. Unfortunately, some things don't work very well in the latter ... there are collision/clipping issues that make it impossible to walk some of the star bridges or reach some originally reachable spots without using cheats. But boy, I haven't played a mage in such a long time that I totally forgot just *how* overpowered he is when compared with the other classes. His basic weapon is a) long distance, b) the shots punch through enemies/don't rebound and c) you can take out all the bosses with it, provided you have enough room to run around them in circles. And because this basic staff is such a grand weapon, the mage is the only class in the game that actually *doesn't* need mana ...! Hehe.

I've been playing Europa universalis 4 again.

I've started over four times now.
I like the start where I pick someone like Bohemia and make it into the emperor. After getting through a few reforms though the game gets samey and I start as someone else.

I wish they developed more outside of the European terf...

Once ck2 goes on mass sale I'll get all the dlc and play that

I've been playing the Falskaar mod for Skyrim. This starts out with you exploring a Nordic ruin that has a strange looking wall. The wall ends up being a portal to the land of Falskaar. Falskaar is much like Riften in looks and is about the size of the Reach. There are about 20 dungeons and most are more heavily populated than Skyrim's. A good mod with mostly decent voice acting, though the main quest giver is horrible :)

As long as he doesn't mention arrows and knees, can't be horrible. ;)

Tried Skyrim again, got bored.
Tried D3 again, got bored.
Loaded up EQ again, what was I thinking?

Loaded up and playing 'ol faithful, Minecraft. Whole LOT of updates since I last played. Enjoyable and *not* boring.

I began M&M X a few weeks ago then left it on hold, in order to begin digging in Age of wonders 3. I'm playing a lot of that now and will write a review of it that'll be published (in French) next week on La Gazette du wargamer. Had a nice little on-line game yesterday and I find it quite satisfying, as a strategy game with lots of fine rpg elements.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - SoC (with Complete mod). One of my favorite games of all time, up there with Gothic, System Shock 2, Thief.. The gun fights are so great and fun in this game :)

The feeling with SoC is unmatched - well done in almost every aspect (except with the PDA and map, which is a bit glitchy).

It is a shame that Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat don't reach the same level as SoC (Call of Pripyat is not bad though).

The feeling with SoC is unmatched - well done in almost every aspect (except with the PDA and map, which is a bit glitchy).

It is a shame that Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat don't reach the same level as SoC (Call of Pripyat is not bad though).

Yes, i havent finished either of those, SoC i have played through 2 times before (very rare for me to even finish games). I think i will give CoP a shot again after this though.

Yes, i havent finished either of those, SoC i have played through 2 times before (very rare for me to even finish games). I think i will give CoP a shot again after this though.

CoP looks good and the graphics engine is very impressive. Guns feel and sound is very good as well. But I felt it was smaller, 'brighter' and less atmospheric compared to SoC. Enemy AI is not that good either compared to SoC. Quest design is a bit forced and therefore the game feels a bit linear.

However, CoP has few new things like weapon upgrades and crafting, radiation storms, and other survival matters, artifact detectors (they are not lying around in the open any more).

As long as he doesn't mention arrows and knees, can't be horrible. ;)

Actually one of the guards in the mod makes fun of the guards in Skyrim about that whole thing.

Back on topic: I've moved to the Divinity beta and have been playing it the last couple nights.

What's good? Loot variety and build options. Terrain is a big deal in combat.

What's bad? Walking/running speed and cumbersome dialog. There is a murder mystery in the first town that is just boring beyond belief and you have to run all over the map, multiple times, to solve it.

TESO is really opening up to me now.
Having even more fun w/ it now that I've gotten the mundane crafting grind going!

I really do like the look and feel of the game. Best SP MMO i've ever played! Just like every other TES game, come to think of it...

Enemy AI is worse? That's a real downer, i was hoping it would have improved a bit, it's not too impressive in SoC. Not sure i'm that interested anymore heh

Enemy AI in SoC was, in my view, very good and much better than most of current FPSs (probably on par with F.E.A.R.). I know that the enemy AI in SoC is good because whenever there is a fight, the processor on my old laptop works extra hard for the AI algorithms (which does not happen even if there are many NPCs filling the screen but not fighting).

Having said that CoP is a different type of a STALKER game that is worth visiting (especially since the disk copy is dirt cheap).

Back
Top Bottom