ToEE - Keep on the Borderlands Demo Soon

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'm jumping the gun here but we haven't had any news on the Keep on the Borderlands conversion for The Temple of Elemental Evil, so you might be interested to know a demo is due soon. According to this thread at Circle of Eight, they were hoping to get something out before Christmas but presumably it's still close:
There will be an official announcement (and I mean official Co8 announcement, not a 'Ted hopes for the best' moment) in the next couple days.
We'll keep an eye out.
More information.

Seconded.

The TOEE engine does the isometric view better than many. It just has a certain slickness, and smoothness to it, and some RP heavy mods might bring out the best in it.

Excellent... Can't wait to give it a go!

The TOEE engine does the isometric view better than many. It just has a certain slickness, and smoothness to it, and some RP heavy mods might bring out the best in it.

Slickness? I suppose, presuming everything is coded properly and there's no lag... (I cannot replay ToEE because I cannot bear to face those horrid slowdowns on the elemental nodes).

A demo for a mod?
While I am very happy that someone is doing something with the ToEE-engine I always expected "free" content.
So will KotB be an expansion, a game in its own right or a mod?

Sorry, if this sounds stupid and a little browsing of their site would have answered all my questions but I haven't been following their developement and I don't have time to look it up right now.

Luckily I DO have all kinds of time, so I'll enlighten you: KotB is a stand alone, not an add on, although you need the original game of course for the game eninge. Demo is not meant to imply a commercial product later. The intention was to put something out so people would get excited, maybe pitch in to help out with the purely voluntary product, and stay tuned for the full deal later.

The demo took a lot longer to put together than was anticipated, but this wasn't due to delays or modders losing interest and disappearing, but rather jamming TONS of good stuff into it. I think the demo comprises 40%+ of the finished mod, which is huge.

Keep in mind KotB also incorporates literally years of fan-made improvements to the original game's rules and gameplay.

I can't say the work has been promoted as much as it deserves, but no one's getting paid now or later, and frankly yakking about it isn't nearly as much fun as making it.

Very nice. :) I've been keeping it in my mental list for months now. :)

since I have multiple monitors hooked up I was going to check out ToEE again to see how it worked. But it looks like from official statements they ultimately removed that feature, stating that it will run on either screen.

I finally read the Keep on the Borderlands mod a few years ago and there's really not much too it. In fact, the placing of the caves doesn't make sense except in some Bizarro Greyhawk or Blackmoor reality. I hope this ToEE does with it what some Hall of Fame NWN mods did and add a lot more depth.

I played the NWN 2 mod and there wasn't much to it, so I hope a great deal has been added to this one!!

I find this.
http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=63767&posted=1#post63767

Dear members of the Circle of Eight community,

We are happy to announce that, after a long period of development and testing, we're getting close to the day when the demo version of the Keep on the Borderlands mod is to be released. The official release date of the Keep on the Borderlands Demo is set for January 29th, 2008. Stay tuned for extra information and updates about the upcoming release in this thread.

We wish you a happy New Year and we sincerely hope that you'll enjoy playing our mod as we enjoyed making it for you.

-- The Circle of Eight Team

This is great, I knew I should keep my fate in this one and not write it off!

Excellent... Can't wait to give it a go!

Slickness? I suppose, presuming everything is coded properly and there's no lag... (I cannot replay ToEE because I cannot bear to face those horrid slowdowns on the elemental nodes).

I was trying to find terms to contrast it with the grainy, dark, low res graphics of BG and FO.

Maybe "shiny and sharp" are better.

I was trying to find terms to contrast it with the grainy, dark, low res graphics of BG and FO.

Maybe "shiny and sharp" are better.

Ah, ok. Yes, ToEE looks fantastic. I love the environment and character graphics, along with all the animations.
Definitely a pleasure to look at.

Back
Top Bottom