Project Phoenix - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Project Phoenix has a new kickstarter update explaining the games stretch goals.

The following information will help to explain our former and current stretch goals in greater detail. Thank you for your patience and continued support!

We will also be writing two additional zones into the story, as well as side stories for these areas. We have some ideas for what we want to include, and we will be able to release more information after this stretch goal is achieved.

We are also in the process of creating a $800,000 stretch goal that will provide additional rewards to mid-tier backers, as well as enhancing some of the content in the game.

We have future stretch goals already in mind, and will be releasing them as we continue to achieve our current goals.

I hope this information helps to more clearly state why we need your backing to reach our stretch goals, and create the best game possible.
Next RootGamer has an interview with Project Director Hiroaki Yura.

Seldom in my life thus far have I had the honor to sit down and chat with someone of such a calibur of personallity and conviction in all they do. Hiroaki Yura is one of those people and in his own right. He is the founder of the Eminence Symphony Orchestra, the Eminence Audio Production company, a violin virtuoso, and the founder of Creative Intelligence Arts, Inc. He has done numerous work in both the film and game industry with such notable game titles as Soul Calibur IV and Diablo III.
And lastly DualShockers has another interview with him.

Project Phoenix made the headlines due to the very successful start of its Kickstarter campaign and due to the stellar cast gathered by Director Hiroaki Yura to create the game, including acclaimed composer Nobuo Uematsu, but there’s still a lot we don’t know about this extremely interesting indie JRPG project.

That’s why I contacted Yura-san and arranged a chat with him, in order to ask more details about his vision for what could very well be a revolution in a genre that hasn’t exactly been explored that deeply by indie developers so far.

Luckily for us, turns out that Yura-san really had a lot to say, so take a seat, grab a cup of coffee and follow me into the world of Project Phoenix.
More information.

Perhaps it's just me, but these stretch goals seem overly ambitious for the the funding levels. Making fully-explorable cities, then an entire setting, appears to be a major workload.

Perhaps it's just me, but these stretch goals seem overly ambitious for the the funding levels. Making fully-explorable cities, then an entire setting, appears to be a major workload.

Not only that, but it seems like essential parts of game (setting, storyline etc.) will be kept secret (read: vague) while money is collected. That's all well and good, but so far I haven't read anything that will make this game stand out or re-'discover' / re-'invent' the roots of the JRPG-genre. I feel this game is being hyped without anyone even knowing what it is.

Not only that, but it seems like essential parts of game (setting, storyline etc.) will be kept secret (read: vague) while money is collected. That's all well and good, but so far I haven't read anything that will make this game stand out or re-'discover' / re-'invent' the roots of the JRPG-genre. I feel this game is being hyped without anyone even knowing what it is.
Take a look at Broken age and Massive Chalice they get the award for that. I still can't tell what Massive Chalice is, and they got almost two million.

Back
Top Bottom