Batman: Arkham Knight

This is the Batman I was waiting on. Batman: Origins was a different developer, kind of a stop gap between Rocksteady releases. I guess they felt time between the releases from Rocksteady were too long, or the franchise too lucrative not to milk.

Nah, I don't think it was meaningless. It said all that needed to be said — You are Batman; you get to kick some criminal ass, look cool, save Gotham again and (hopefully!) drive the spanking new Batmobile. What more could one ask?!

Very much looking forward this! Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both great games.

Some details collated on this NeoGAF post

All I can say is HOT DAMN!

Really enjoyed the first one but haven't played too much of the others due to RPGs releasing that I wanted to play more.

Would like to continue the series at some point though.

Really enjoyed the first one but haven't played too much of the others due to RPGs releasing that I wanted to play more.

Would like to continue the series at some point though.

The gameplay in the second one is even better. Just flying around Arkham using your cape, pulling yourself from building to building using your grapple device, looking down on ongoing crime, and intervening. Beating everyone up, and then going at it again is an amazing feeling.

I tried the first one (Asylum) and thought it was cool for a bit, but since I'm really not into action and QTE, I could only play for like 3 hours before abandoning it. I might give it another go as I got the second one for free with my Playstation Plus subscription, so might as well, probably on easy difficulty if there's such a thing.

I've only one problem with what I saw. Isn't it a bit weird that Batman, who refuses to kill or used lethal weapons, is driving around in a hover-tank through Gotham? :D
You're describing Superman, not Batman.
At least the real Batman, I didn't play Arkham games yet so dunno what happens in them.
Batman is a Dirty Harry type of superhero.

You're describing Superman, not Batman.
At least the real Batman, I didn't play Arkham games yet so dunno what happens in them.
Batman is a Dirty Harry type of superhero.

I distinctly remember Batman refusing to use firearms.

It seems an earlier version of Batman did use firearms, but for the last decades I read that he refuses to. Or something to that effect. I didn't read the whole article.
http://comicsalliance.com/batman-guns-gun-culture/

Yep, for decades Batman has been pretty much strict about guns. In JLU even, he was possessed briefly, and forced to use a gun to save a life. He was furious afterwards.

Joxer may be thinking of the period in the 1990's when the original Batman had his back broken, and Azrael took over. Even then, Azrael didn't use guns either. He used battle armor with claws, and a machine-gun-like shuriken launcher, while he was Batman; flaming swords as Azrael.

Back
Top Bottom