Xenonauts - August Development Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Xenonauts has a new development update on the games official forums.

As V19 Stable has just been released, this development update is mostly concerned about what's been going on in the background recently and what we have planned for the immediate future. I think the first thing to do is to remind everyone of the huge amount of progress that has been made over the last three months since V18 Stable - there's been massive improvements to almost every aspect of the game (balance and AI most obvious amongst them), and it's easy to forget quite how much has been done.

The V20 series of builds is intended to be mostly polish, with an emphasis on getting the new UI installed / fully functional. The rest of the game will see more tweaks, but it's not likely to change quite as much as it did from V18 to V19. There will be further balance work, further AI improvement, new maps, reworking of the way jetpacks work and probably the Geoscape UFO intelligence too.
More information.

The new "stable" version took one hour until it crashed on my pc.
However I can't wait till they are actually finished. I'd love to play it right now but it would just spoil the fun.

One of these KS I wonder if it delivers one day. And, at the moment, the provided gameplay is some way away from what could be found in the early X coms. The game is supposed to revive the gameplay.

Lets put it straight: this game will be a success because KS is the way to go. Down with the big video games corporations.

One of these KS I wonder if it delivers one day. And, at the moment, the provided gameplay is some way away from what could be found in the early X coms. The game is supposed to revive the gameplay.

Lets put it straight: this game will be a success because KS is the way to go. Down with the big video games corporations.

Strange even a long time ago this game was pretty playable. I'm not seeing this some way away as you are seeing.

But it seemed to go backwards in a lot of ways, and they changed the programmer out, so in general I felt very bleak about it until they did a KS and hopefully got enough to push it through. It's really really hard to make a game like this, I know because I am too. I hope it pulls through though.

I'm pretty sure they are onto polish now, the actual game is pretty much done.

Back
Top Bottom