Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Fantasia

• Rumble Knights

• Total voters

arron400

Traveler
Let's see the what the favorite MMO is just pick one and if I left something you like just name it

Not even sure you can have a pole like this without Everquest, Meridian, or Ultima online not on it. Those 3 had a lot to do with starting the genre.

-Carn

Oh so very subjective. All boils down to when a person was introduced to the genre and was not yet fatigued by their repetitive nature.

Most memories and time spent: Everquest
Most expansive world with a multitude of race and class combos: Everquest II
Most casual-friendly that had me logging back on for a month at a time for years on end: City of Heroes
Most overrated: WoW
Most anticipated: GW2

So, in essence, none of the above.

I loved Asherons Call and WoW was very good for the first year.

I don't play any MMOs anymore as they are such a huge timesink.

Best MMO ever for me was Everquest 1. Currently still playing Everquest 2, basically just raiding these days. I tried WoW, lasted there less than a week, it was way too easy to level.

-Carn

Every single MMO I've tried eventually turned out to be:
1. Utter Grinding
2. Moneymilking

What exactly this thread should answer? Which MMO milks money the best? Or something else?

I see Maplestory up there... That one has also a third "ability":
3. Cheat to win

And you're nominating that game? OMG...

In any case, if you want to know which one I had most fun with, it was DDO. What took me away from it was - lack of humor.
Enough humor, but pretty childish and more grinding than DDO had was Wizard101 so I had also much fun with that one. But lack of puzzles drove me away from that one.

Would anyone consider NWN1 an MMO? Because there, users could create their own - without using a hack like the UO Shards.

What about the AOL NWN? Or howabout Ubliette? I see Ubliette is back from the dead and now on Android.

You missed a ton of big name MMO's ... where is EQ, SWTOR, RIFT, TSW and many others? Not to mention a lot of older ones that are not on there.

Anyhow I would vote for The Secret World if it was on the list.

Every single MMO I've tried eventually turned out to be:
1. Utter Grinding
2. Moneymilking

What exactly this thread should answer? Which MMO milks money the best? Or something else?

I see Maplestory up there… That one has also a third "ability":
3. Cheat to win

And you're nominating that game? OMG…

In any case, if you want to know which one I had most fun with, it was DDO. What took me away from it was - lack of humor.
Enough humor, but pretty childish and more grinding than DDO had was Wizard101 so I had also much fun with that one. But lack of puzzles drove me away from that one.

There is humour in DDO, if you know where to look. One particular series is hilarious with such things as a drinking contest with beholders, and a fashion parade.

1- Everquest 1
2- City of Heroes
3- Lord of the Rings Online
4- Dark Age of Camelot
5- D&D Online

I've been playing MMO's since Gemstone 3 back on GEnie and I haven't played any of the games on your list! I'm thinking you need to expand your horizons... a lot...

Here's a list for ya: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

I've tried and enjoyed also a few and they don't seem to belong in, odd poll and I will abstain for voting at the moment.

I guess I'm going to be the odd man out by actually daring to vote for the game which is vastly more popular then all the others. I actually think that WoW is getting kind of long in the tooth at this point, and that it won't be such a bad thing when it finally goes away. But I also think that it created a vastly superior project then any other MMO that I had ever played.

There are missing many newer names, but I really have no idea how popular they are. Tera comes to my mind, for instance (pun intended). Or Aion.

And in a few years we would perhaps have to add Neverwinter and Herokon, too.

And regarding MMOs - because they are a much broader term than MMORPGs - one would have to add Settlers Online, Cultures Online, AOE Online, Traian, World Of Tanks, etc. ...

I liked the design of the original UO the most, and I've been waiting for a modern take on that design for 14 years or so.

It seems the upcoming ArcheAge might be pretty close to what I originally thought we'd be seeing much sooner.

As for the "best" MMO overall, I probably have to give that to WoW vanilla. They did pretty much everything wrong since TBC - but I have to admire the original design - and especially the execution of that design.

I beta tested Ultima Online and didn't enjoy it very much; I've stayed away from MMOs for the most part as most online gamers are total a-holes but lately I've been in the open beta for Path of Exile and it's pure awesomeness! http://www.pathofexile.com/

Yeah, "online gamers" are mostly assholes completely unlike gamers who don't enjoy online games.

Sounds like a very fair observation :)

I've noticed in many-a-beta that the community of beta testers (the ones that actually test, not the folks that are just trying to play for free) are a heck of a lot more fun to be around.

OMG! Look at DArtagnan's post count! HE'S OVER 9000!!!

OMG! Look at DArtagnan's post count! HE'S OVER 9000!!!

Think of all the wisdom and pleasure those posts have contained!

That said, I think there are several people here with a far more impressive post count :)

Put the most time in WoW and LotR:O by far.
Even though I didn't play it more than a few months, I'll have to say Rift really has been the best total package so far. Just was tired of MMOs by then.

Back
Top Bottom