Legend of Grimrock - Weekly Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The latest Grimrock update announces they are almost at Alpha. Here's the bullet-point list of this week's achievements and head over for the full post:

• We’ve reworked the skill system and there should be tons of added flavor in this new version. Leveling up and creating the characters is now much more interesting!
  • A lot of game balance improvements. Monster stats and where they can be found in the game have been improved and we’ve also fiddled around with some of the items as well as looked at how quickly the characters develop.
  • A new monster, mostly geared towards the end game sections, is in the works.
  • The steady trickle of new items continues. New ranged weapons like a sling and a crossbow have been added and a new set of armor and a shield have also been done and some other more minor things. We have well over 100 items in the game now.
  • We have four new spells. Although it’s basically one new kind of spell that has four variants of it.
  • There’s some new variations in enemy animations to reduce some of the repetition.
  • We have a pretty much final version of the theme song too! Maybe we’ll have to release a new video some day so that we would have a good excuse to showcase the music too…
    icon_smile.gif
More information.

This new to me and looks great, thanks for the link! :party:

I watched some video, really like the look and feel of the game. It seemed very smooth, plus the animation, graphics and Spell system look amazing.

My initial impressions of this game were that the designers were operating on a shoestring budget. But I am very glad to hear this game has music. This old school gamer prefers music to spoken dialogue. Me happy.

Thought it was pretty neat they were using old sound effects reminded me of Stonekeep. ;)

Im excited for this over ANY triple a game out there. I can imagin how it plays but for an Indie, Grimrock sure looks like a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom