Fallout 3 - Broken Steel Review @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
More positive press for Broken Steel with IGN's review saying "this is the add-on you've been waiting for". The score is 8.5/10 and here's a snip:
Playing through the new content took me roughly seven hours which is a bit longer than the past Fallout 3 add-ons. Along the way, you'll find a few new enemies and a few new weapons to deal with them. The new Tesla Canon must be the most powerful weapon in the game yet, capable of taking down Vertibirds and most any enemy in a single shot. There's also the Heavy Incinerator that spits long range balls of fire. Fire that baby up in VATS for a great looking kill. These new toys and the hours of gameplay would be enough to satisfy many and that isn't even getting into the feature that has Fallout 3's hardcore fans so excited.
More information.

In the end is a rpg or not? i just see ppl excited about new weapons and fps gameplay, what about the rpg part? get better or same thing?
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited:
The full text of the review does mention difficult moral choices and interesting new quests.

F3 is unquestionably an RPG. Lacking in some RPG elements, excells in others. It sounds to me like if you enjoyed playing F3 up until the last few quests, then this will fix the ending and offer some more quests that sound like they're of similar quality to most of the rest.

I was pretty clear that the RP'ing was very thin in the two DLC's compared to the main game, and was pretty critical of them. I have the option to get the new one ... not sure what I'll do yet ...

Back
Top Bottom