Default style

bjon045

SasqWatch
I think you should make the default skin the "dark" one, it makes it a little easier to adjust to coming from rpgdot.

I think it was the general consensus to make the plain skin the default one, so people could choose a colour themselves. However, if enough people request that change then I'm sure Arhu will consider it.

There will probably be a poll at some point to see whether people prefer the light or dark side. Starting with a light theme has it's advantages too, because everyone is sort of "forced" to try out something new. ;)

Personally, I've come to like the Light styles best, more specifically Amber.

Okay, I've mentioned this elsewhere, but since it's being discussed again, let me add my 2 cents by requesting the possibility to have a dark/amber colour combo on the front page as well :)

You cannot dissent...you might get killed!

I love the light style - there is a sparse, clean style that harkens back to days when dial-up was more than bearable ...

I prefer the light too, much easier on the eyes.

I prefer a dark style myself. I miss the design and the dragons and borders and all the gewgaws of the old site (and especially the database) but I had to come here for the news. It's not as though I lost a lot of posting seniority. I think in 4 years I made 12 posts.

I like being able to switch with a single click. That's nice I can change on a whim.

What I don't care for is the separate "forum only" drop down box at the bottom, and the absence of the amber style at the front page. It would be nice that any style you implement is done for both forum and main page. Maybe for the forum only drop down add or rename one option to "same as main page" so it's easy to find and turn off if you want to back in sync. Or maybe put a more complete control on the control panel. I'm not quite sure how I would do it, but having two controls of different types in two different areas is confusing.

And the site should play the Superman theme song when you enter.

What I don't care for is the separate "forum only" drop down box at the bottom, and the absence of the amber style at the front page. It would be nice that any style you implement is done for both forum and main page. Maybe for the forum only drop down add or rename one option to "same as main page" so it's easy to find and turn off if you want to back in sync. Or maybe put a more complete control on the control panel. I'm not quite sure how I would do it, but having two controls of different types in two different areas is confusing.
I understand what you are saying, and I agree that it can be confusing, but some of it will have to wait until more features are implemented, whatever the features will be. Ahum.

Anyway, the current situation is as follows: The forums exist on their own and are not integrated with the main site yet (even though they mostly look the same). That's the reason, for example, why there's a login form at the top of forum pages but not on the front page.

Regarding the blue and golden styles, we want to establish color themes for different parts of the site, accessible through the tabs at the very top. RPGs = blue, MMORPGs = sandy/golden. Maybe next will be Gothic = brownish, Adventures = red.. who knows. Now, forums are a different matter, because they are accessible from all parts of the site, so there is no default per se. We could make them stick to one color theme or even create a unique theme for them, but given their current not-integrated status I thought giving users the choice was best.

That said, the site is still in it's infancy, we'll see what the future brings. Suggestions are always welcome. :)

Last edited:
Besides the fact that I have no idea *why* ... I *HATE* sites that have music / video autospawns.

Really I agree, I hate them too. Just being silly and happened to hear a song as I was posting and thought "wouldn't that be great". I'm easily amused. :D

I prefer light.

I prefer light too, like others said before it's easier on the eyes

There seems to be a problem with listing of news items using the dark style.
Items with points don't appear for example the Bloodlines update announcement.
The enchancements are only listed when they are highlighted.

Tested with Firefox 2.0 rv 1.8.1.

Shaf

Back
Top Bottom