The Witcher - Card Games Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt has announced two card games for The Witcher, although they are currently only destined for Poland. Here's the blurb:
Today CD Projekt RED has chosen KuŸnia Gier Publishing House to create two card games that will accompany the premiere of The Witcher PC RPG.The first card game will be created for promotional purposes, the second one will be released for a retail. Both games will precede the premiere of The Witcher PC RPG. Card games will be published in Poland, although CD Projekt does not exclude a release also in other countries.

The game requires two decks, and concentrates on challenge between two players. During the gameplay players will wander across the world of The Witcher and defeat numerous beasts. Game features adventure and strategic elements combining a typical computer game character development with a tactical approach known from the board games. The decks will include 55 and 110 cards respectively, and both games will vary in general rules, challenge time and gameplay. Both card games rules are being designed under the supervision of CD Projekt RED.
More information.

i personally can't stand card games, of any kind. i've played maybe a dozen hands of solitaire in my life, and that's about all i can handle for the rest of my life. i just don't get the fascination with them. whether traditional or these newer game versions (paper or electronic). but to each their own.

Come on guys, finish the game first and then you can mess around with this peripheral crap!

Indeed, let's see a game first before thinking of merchandising.

Back
Top Bottom