Worlds of Magic 2nd Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well this came a surprise it seems Wastelands Interactive has started a second kickstarter to raise more money for Worlds of Magic.

The goal was $5,000 and it seems to have reached it already.

Link- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wastelands/worlds-of-magic

Why only $5,000.00?

Well, as you may already know we ran a successful Kickstarter campaign in April of 2013. So, the real question isn't why are we trying to raise just $5000.00, but why are we trying to raise even $1.00 more. There are several reasons really.

First, we're a team of enthusiasts and we want to offer as high a quality game as we can. We want Worlds of Magic to offer treats not only to your intellect, but also to your eyes and ears. Because of this we've invested a great deal in our artwork and special effects. We want to add even more and keep improving what we've got. Worlds of Magic is a truly fantastic game and we want people to see that at first glance.

Second, we want to build our community. Our first campaign had over 2,000 backers. Many of them are active participants in the game's development. This isn't just something we're saying, it's something that's actually happening. By backing Worlds of Magic (at the Swordsman level and above) you get the right to have input on the game. And the more input we get the better it's going to be.

Third, we've had many people lamenting the fact that they didn't know about our first campaign. And we've had many backers say they wish they'd been able to put in more the first time. This campaign is for previous backers, people who wish they were backers, and people who never even heard of Worlds of Magic. We're very confident that we'll hit our base goal relatively quickly. The reason for this is because many of our current backers have decided to pledge again. That's how much they believe in what we're doing. They've seen what we've done with the funds we've already raised and agree that we've put it to good use. Well, now you have a chance to become part of this. You have the opportunity to become a backer, join our growing community, and help us make Worlds of Magic bigger and better.

I don't think I've pledged on that one...
Can't remember what was it about really. Anything good?

I don't think I've pledged on that one…
Can't remember what was it about really. Anything good?
You can always click the link to find out. Since your to lazy here.;)
An epic, turn based, fantasy 4X game with procedurally generated maps, and a load of spells, races and heroes.

Worlds of Magic will capture the feel of one of the greatest strategy games ever created: Master of Magic. It combines classic elements like randomly generated world maps and powerful heroes with new game mechanics, such as the D20 OGL rule set, and expanded features, like seven planes of existence. Although a completely new title from a design point of view, it seeks to hold true to the essence of what made Master of Magic a true classic.

I was too sleepy to go read, not lazy. :p
But well, now I'm awaken and because of that quote I went to toss a bit of cash... And then found out why I refused to pledge in the first place. Ports, ports, everywhere, yet noone wants to port ChaosRings2 onto PC.

Ports, ports, everywhere, yet noone wants to port ChaosRings2 onto PC.
Yes because ports everywhere will make you more money. ;)

Anyways the game is designed for the PC first, and will be ported months later to other platforms. I told myself not to get my hopes up for another supposed Masters of Magic contender, but this one is looking good.:)

I pledged to the first one.
I'm hoping this is not a trend though, to kickstart the same thing multiple times (with low limits the 2nd+ time around) mostly as a ways of marketing.

couch I did promise to write about Sims and it's later phoneports ages ago, but the problem is not only I don't have enough time to think what to write and what to exclude - the problem is I don't think ppl read "the last game you finished" posts.

To cut things short. There are Sims 3 and Sims Medieval for PC. Those twho games with/without DLC are huge and are days of fun.

And then there are phone ports, Sims 3, Sims Medieval and due to the size, PC Sims 3 expansions are on phones made as standalone games (Ambitions and Adventures), but the story doesn't stop there, on phones a certain Sims Freetime game also exists.
These phone ports are so unbelievably dumbed down, retarded, short and overexpensive (apart from Medieval on phones which is free). And Sims Freetime? It's one of those "free" games where you have to spend half of your monthly income. I couldn't believe myself when I saw EA actually blessed free2scam game. Scratch that, I could, it was a matter of time they'll jump into another fraud scheme after failing to sell Spore and Sims Medieval useless and again overexpensive DLC.

And you say someone else is making a PC game that will later be ported onto phones.
Sorry, but I will not support that. Ever.

I don't think we will stick Worlds of Magic into Phones.

Also the only difference between the PC and mobile version will be the gfx quality and the size of the maximum size of the world map.

There is a demo of the early Combat Tactic map so you can see how the game plays in this area.

I have no problem with the ports. If the game design was implemented in the beginning. WOM looks like something I would buy but the two kickstarter thing has my spidey senses tingling . . . so I'll wait till release date.

I did star it however.

Dajjer, take a look at the graphic in the first campaign and the second, I think it will be clear where the money goes.

Thanks for spreading the word and keeping an eye on it.

I would ignore anything Joxer says on ports to mobile platforms like Ipads since he ignores any successful ones and brings up ones he thinks failed. It's like arguing with someone who spins it all to make it look the way he wants it. Waste of time.

As for this....I backed today and had a question, if you pay for 22 future content do you get all the units that are coming from kickstarter?

Also, what is the timeline for the beta?

I believe TBS are much more convenient to be played on mobile platforms. Moreover, there are always some people who wouldn't play the game on PC for various reasons. Why not? It's just a method of getting more followers.

Also, I doubt the PC version will be suffering a delay because of the mobile one in progress, it'd rather be vice versa. I am sure the PC one has the ultimate priority.

Back
Top Bottom