Skyjacker: Starship Constructor

Roq

Seeker
Original Sin Donor
Skyjacker looks to be one of the most fully visualized & interesting space games to have appeared on Kickstarter, and I reckon they've been unlucky not to get funding so far. This latest Kickstarter has 4 days to run and is nominally for the space ship constructor. But note at the $25 level you get the *full* Skyjacker game as well as the constructor. Plus there is a playable demo of the game! The Kickstarter page is here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/skyjacker-starship-constructor/?ref=kicktraq

and this is their site:

http://www.digitilus.com/projects/skyjacker/

and the game site:

http://www.skyjackergame.com/the-game/

Note also that Skyjacker is more of a space RPG than a space trading game in the mold of elite: You play a pirate. Really worth a punt, I think. One of those projects that seems to have slipped through the gaps on Kickstarter.

Furthermore, we want to realize a mobile version for iOS and Android (including version for OUYA) - it’s our ultimate stretch goals.
Again a smartphone game? Sorry man, I'm skipping this one.

Again a smartphone game? Sorry man, I'm skipping this one.

Skyjacker is a Unity game (now) and is designed to use the full power of the PC. I understand that The phone/tablet versions planned for the future will be different smaller apps based on the Skyjacker universe, but not a port of the PC game.

Anyway Just watch the vids: think you'll be impressed. East European studios appear to be able to achieve a lot more with a lot less wonga than many more established studios. And the developers don't look under nourished or anything either.

So this isn't actually a game; it's a utility for use with an (separate) game that failed its kickstarter?

So this isn't actually a game; it's a utility for use with an (separate) game that failed its kickstarter?

It is a bit confusing, but the full game is actually a reward at the $25 level and it's already much further along in development than most other games when they appear on KS.

Yes, sure it failed it's Kickstarter the first time around, but they aren't a high profile studio and don't have any celebrities who wear their hearts on their sleeves :), so maybe that's why.

Just take a look! - there's lots of info on this one, unlike some others.

I understand that The phone/tablet versions planned for the future will be different smaller apps based on the Skyjacker universe, but not a port of the PC game.
Please have that confirmed by devs. If they say the KS game is not going to be ported on (current lousy) smartphones, I'll definetly pledge.

Please have that confirmed by devs. If they say the KS game is not going to be ported on (current lousy) smartphones, I'll definetly pledge.

The game require a mouse or joystick, it won't work on a smartphone.

Yes, I understand your concern. I put your question in the comments section and part of the response is:

"I can officially confirm^ SKYJACKER won't be able to be ported to iOS/ Android due to the hardware resources weakness of mobile platforms."

The implication being that they are planning to put the constructor and perhaps other apps on phones/tablets, but not the main game which requires resources not available on those platforms.

Hello, this is Eugene Zhukov, CEO of Digitilus and producer of SKYJACKER. Roq posted a link asking to answer to your questions. I'd like to explain more about our game. First of all you have to separate Starship Constructor and SKYJACKER.

SKYJACKER is a first-person free-roaming space combat game (PC, OSX, Linux) with unique features rarely - or never - seen in other space games to date. The main groundbreaking feature of SKYJACKER is an ability to break any in-game objects into their component parts. It's the key factor of space battle in our game. More about the game (the main game!) you can read here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/al-skyjacker
or here http://www.skyjackergame.com/the-game/

Starship Constructor is an addon to this game, which lets assemble/disassemble our ingame spaceships (currently we have around 100 designs of ships of 8 races, but in the future we'll increase this number to 50-60 designs per each in-game race) Starship Constructor is a "light" app, which we are planning to realize not only on PC, OSX and Linux, but on iOS and Android platforms. This app doesn't let you play SKYJACKER game missions, but to explore its spaceships inner construction. That's why we can realize this type of gameplay in mobile platforms. And this is not an attempt to port the main game to mobile devices, but only an additional application - like spaceship-pedia for our main game.
At the same time, for pledge $25 and more we promise to reward such backers with our main game too.
Your questions?

It is a bit confusing, but the full game is actually a reward at the $25 level and it's already much further along in development than most other games when they appear on KS.

Thank you for the clarification. Bit of an indirect approach, but whatever works. :)

So no smartphones ports, means, I'm defeated! :D

And already pledged. Settler bundle so I can bribe someone when it's out. ;)

Oh and a question... If you made some content for LoL... Why didn't you try to make another MOBA game? Currently the audience is hungry for more of such stuff as there are not many titles available and existing ones have only a few different arenas.

Last edited:
So no smartphones ports, means, I'm defeated! :D

And already pledged. Settler bundle so I can bribe someone when it's out. ;)

Oh and a question… If you made some content for LoL… Why didn't you try to make another MOBA game? Currently the audience is hungry for more of such stuff as there are not many titles available and existing ones have only a few different arenas.

See what Eugene just said about multiplayer on the KS comments - the short answer is that it is in development already, but not fully tested.

WRT what Digitilus has done for LoL and other games. Its pretty impressive too see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rbokg0yPjM0

And for anyone else reading this please note that the full version of SKYJACKER is slated for an August release THIS YEAR and there is already a DEMO you can play (which is awesome). This isn't just some low budget Indie game, its going to be a AAA space game and take space combat simulation to another level...

No wait... I'm not into just any kind of multiplayer. All of current MMOs are pretty much the same: grind, grind and grind, collect useless loot and pay a fortune of $ for more inventory space to the greedy publisher.

I asked for another MOBA game. ;)

Looks really good. I like a good space sim. I'm backing it.

Good news - the project just hit the target $30k with a day and a half to go.

Yeah!

That is good news. I can't wait for my new Space Sim game.

I tried the demo (of the full game). Seems decent, though naturally a bit buggy at this point. Tried all keys to find out what they did, and both "P" and "F5" lead to a crash to desktop. Also, completing the "free for all" thing by killing all enemies didn't actually do anything. I was still floating around in space without anything to do.

Other than that, it certainly does have potential. However, I'm not sure whether the three missions were simply there as examples, or if the gameplay will be as mission based. It's more like a classic simulator than "GTA in space" if it's mission based.

Back
Top Bottom