Mass Effect IV - Playable, Explorable, & Unknown

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamer Headlines has gathered together all the information the next Mass Effect game.

Gamers have an interesting stereotype associated with them: they don’t like reading. Or at least, that’s what many people tend to think. Apparently, Mass Effect 4 has changed all of that. Gamers are Googling the title at the speed of light trying to squeeze out every last bit of information they can possibly get from the title. There’s no denying the fact that Mass Effect 4 will be huge when it hits, but we still have a way to go before we get the controller in our hand.

This isn’t helped by the fact that Bioware continues to throw tiny hints and gestures toward progress without revealing too much information.

While there are still many aspects of the game that we’re very unsure of(and trust me, there’s a lot), we’ve compiled some tidbits we’ve gathered ourselves and it’s information we can both observe, and discuss.
More information.

ME4:Shep's legacy? ME4:Hack&Slash? ME4:Dungeons&Dragons? ME4:Wizards&Warriors?

Nah. We get ME4:Butts&Boobs.

I'd go for ME4:Butts,Boobs&Blasters.

We get ME4:Butts&Boobs.

Don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy that. I know plenty of people would..I mean, just look at all the people still playing Skyrim :giggle:

(for the easily butthurt I-have-never-tried-a-nude-mod people, that was a joke :roll:)

We get ME4:Butts&Boobs.

Don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy that. I know plenty of people would..I mean, just look at all the people still playing Skyrim :giggle

If I like Butts&Boobs or not, depends on what's around them... so sort of their context. ;)

I will never understand people who play with nude mods or stuff like that. I just don't get how this improves a game.

Well, one crazy idea is that some people like to watch naked bodies.

I know it's pretty out there, but it's an idea.

I certainly like it, but I don't use nude mods. I find it too distracting :)

Guys if I wanted pr0n games I'd play 3d Sexvilla or Gayvilla (something like that). I did buy Bonetown, but it's crap game - consolelike graphics (read: PC graphics from 20 years ago) and controls, utterly annoying tries to have some humor inside, collest&fetch quests, quickly gets boring. Finally, Sven series is fun, but it's not really pr0n.

Speaking of mods, if I wanted a nudity mod, the only game I can think of it could work is - Sims. But then again, I've played Sims for other reasons, not to simulate a family. Because of that reason, I've never bought Generations addon, in my household there is no room for "enhanced" kids nor let's have some sex 24/7 and do nothing else.

ME4 won't be a bedding simulator of course, but the sexual content grew exponentially through first three games that I can only expect 50% of a game as a game, and another half sex, sex and only sex. It will sell of course, but my problem is do I really want to buy such game. You all know how much I hate grinding, in case of ME series extreme amount of sex is nothing but grinding of a sort.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm yelling fire before anyone even used the matches. Still, I'm not preordering this game.

Well, one crazy idea is that some people like to watch naked bodies.)
I've heard rumors about a lot of them to be found on the internet. Even without mods. ;)

ME4 won't be a bedding simulator of course, but the sexual content grew exponentially through first three games.
There is a growth, but I don't see an exponential one.
And I think the actual ratio of sexual content vs. total content in the ME games is way lower than you suggest. :)

Last edited:
Gamers have an interesting stereotype associated with them: they don’t like reading. Or at least, that’s what many people tend to think. Apparently, Mass Effect 4 has changed all of that. Gamers are Googling the title at the speed of light trying to squeeze out every last bit of information they can possibly get from the title.
Irrelevant but I'm stunned by how dumb every single aspect of this statement is!

ME4 : "The story was different than you believed it to be"

There is a growth, but I don't see an exponential one.
And I think the actual ratio of sexual content vs. total content in the ME games is way lower than you suggest. :)

To be honest, it did not even increase as the ME games progressed. ME3 certainly does not contain any more sexual content than ME2. Less probably, and the only reason it seemed to peak in ME2 was due to the outfit of Miranda.

People are blowing this completely out of proportions.

Edit: ME has got nothing on either of The Witcher games, for example.

To be honest, it did not even increase as the ME games progressed. ME3 certainly does not contain any more sexual content than ME2. Less probably, and the only reason it seemed to peak in ME2 was due to the outfit of Miranda..
Well, I think it depends on how your metric is. If you take the number of potential (ex) crew member romance options, you have:
  • ME1: 3
  • ME2: 9
  • ME3: 15
That's definitely an increase.

Another metric would be, how much time the player spends with experiencing sexual content during an average playthrough. That's totally different from the former metric as you can't have multiple romances (with some exceptions I think). I don't know if this really increased over the series. It also depends on the definition of sexual content. If Shepard has a "normal" unsexual conversation with Miranda and half the picture is covered with boobs or butt, this could as well be counted as sexual content.
So it's not that easy. My personal impression is, that it increased over the series, but I can't say by which degree.

If I think about it, it would be great for game reviews if they included something like a pie chart, where the time each "content type" was experienced in was presented. Types being something like combat, exploring, dialogs, trading, skilling, cutscenes etc.

And why are we even having this conversation?

Sure but I'd rather look at them than talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom