|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Origin Trailer, World Updates

Default Dragon Age - Origin Trailer, World Updates

October 30th, 2008, 22:32
BioWare has released some Dragon Age updates. The first is a trailer that compares the changes with different Origin stories - you can grab it at the official site or head to Rock, Paper, Shotgun to avoid the Flash and stream the GameTrailers version instead. According to John Walker, the acting is better than we've seen so far.
They've also updated their World section with info on the Fanged Skeleton and Wynne.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 30th, 2008, 22:32
"In the world of Dragon Age, elves are treated like second-class citizens."

Witcher, much?

The thing that bugs me the most about the game is the art style trying to be so overtly "dark and gritty," so much that everyone's skin tone is even this dusty grey color. Ugh. Is there a zombie plague going around?

Saber-Scorpion

Eyup.

October 31st, 2008, 00:42
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
you can grab it at the official site or head to Rock, Paper, Shotgun to avoid the Flash and stream the GameTrailers version instead.
The Gametrailers stream on RPS requires Flash player to be installed as well though so there isn't really much of a difference . This is the same video that was posted on Gamespot last week by the way (the one with the quartermaster and the Elf prisoner and the little sneak preview of that Morrigan character at the end).

Moriendor

Spielkind

October 31st, 2008, 03:23
The Dragon Age site is entirely Flash, which I won't touch, so it's different to me.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 31st, 2008, 05:32
Originally Posted by Saber-Scorpion View Post

Witcher, much?
Bioware's always keen to plagiarize better games and better writers, so though the entire idea of elves being oppressed is not new, I wouldn't be surprised.

The thing that bugs me the most about the game is the art style trying to be so overtly "dark and gritty," so much that everyone's skin tone is even this dusty grey color. Ugh. Is there a zombie plague going around?
Their attempts at moral ambiguity and dark-and-gritty atmosphere are always cute (in a five-year-old "there, there, darling" kind of way).

Essaliad

Sentinel

October 31st, 2008, 07:00

Witcher, much?
Yep it sounds quite simillar, but that's probably just coincidence, anyway when I heard about the Grey Wardens, the old faction formed to fight the monsters it also smelled "witcher" to me.

Yeah it's quite funny, because I always thought that Dark Fantasy refers mostly
to tense, depressing mood in much more adult world. It's funny that bioware's definition is gore and black armors. I'm still looking forward to play this game though, it looks quite promising I must say, to be honest it seems to be the best bioware game since BG2.

Dagon

Watchdog

October 31st, 2008, 07:56
Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
Yeah it's quite funny, because I always thought that Dark Fantasy refers mostly
to tense, depressing mood in much more adult world. It's funny that bioware's definition is gore and black armors. I'm still looking forward to play this game though, it looks quite promising I must say, to be honest it seems to be the best bioware game since BG2.
Seeing designers' obvious frustrations to comments on the lack of the originality by those who watched the trailers, there seems to be quite detailed world settings under the hood. However, why cannot they make a single trailer/movie which captures the feel of the world of Dragon Age if the designers believe its much richer and deeper than what it appears to be? I think through art direction is getting more and more important in game industry and, as far as the trailers are concerned, there is little hint that Bioware is going to make a break-through to the low expectations to the art-direction of CRPG. IMO, the Witcher team is doing much better job in this respect.

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Origin Trailer, World Updates