|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » C&C: Red Alert 3

Default C&C: Red Alert 3

October 28th, 2008, 00:32
GameSpy think the game is pretty good. The first Red Alert left me many good real time strategy game experiences. The latest rts game i played was World in Conflict released last year. Don't think will get this one but anyway what's your impression or comments on the new RA 3?

Remus

Antihero

November 2nd, 2008, 13:27
Well, according to reviews I have read, RA 3 seems to be great fun and a must
buy If you fancy real time strategy games. Even I consider whether to buy it despite the fact that I'm not a strategy game lover, maybe because I have also
good memories of RA 1

shadow_hk

Watchdog

November 3rd, 2008, 13:06
I just completed all three campaigns, and I like it a lot. The campaigns could've been a bit longer (about 10 levels each, some of them fairly short), and various factions could've had a bit more variety, but all in all it's an entertaining strategy game, certainly worthy of following in RA2s footsteps.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 3rd, 2008, 13:21
RA1 is one of my all time favourite games. I was a bit dissapointed by RA2, is RA3 better than RA2 ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2008, 13:41
In gamespot 780 users have given average score of 78% for the game. Sounds like a "yet-another-RTS-clone". I was bored with the previous alert allready so I will propably skip this too.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke
Last edited by zakhal; November 3rd, 2008 at 14:25.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

November 3rd, 2008, 15:41
@GG
Depends on how you define "better". I actually liked the campaigns more in RA3 than 2, even though they were a bit shorter (the movie clips between the levels are great, the level design is solid, and you always play co-op: Either with a friend, or with a computer as your ally).

However, I still prefer RA2 for multiplayer, but that's probably because I've played it so much.

PS. The computer ally is surprisingly good, and can usually hold his own. It also adds a little extra strategy - how to make the best use of his/her forces.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 4th, 2008, 13:07
I just wondered whether the German version will still contain "androids" instead of human persons in it ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » C&C: Red Alert 3