|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » MMOWatch Feature: Spellborn Hands-On

Default MMOWatch Feature: Spellborn Hands-On

September 5th, 2008, 21:28
Myrthos had the opportunity for a little hands-on time with The Chronicles of Spellborn at the recent Leipzig Games Convention. Here's a snip from our preview:
In the game I played a level 15 deathhand trickster, which is one of the different rogues. I was accompanied by a character controlled by Pierre-Yves - or actually I was following her (yes he played a female character), as I didnít have a clue where we were going. Besides, this support kept me from dying, which turned out to be a good thing. Pierre-Yves kept me alive by making sure I was buffed. In Spellborn, health in a fight is always gotten by buffing yourself, de-buffing enemies or by putting a specific spell on an opponent where health is gained by the user every time the opponent is hit. You donít get health in the game by potions or anything like that.
Read it all here.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 5th, 2008, 21:28
I like the focus on story that the game has. Especially the exploration of past events, which is always intriguing.
Though the overall premise of the game looks very typical MMORPG'ish. Yet more repetitive, action based gameplay.

Thanks for having taken the time to experience this MMORPG during your GC trip, Myrthos.

Steam | Google
Last edited by Asbjoern; September 5th, 2008 at 21:59.

Asbjoern

N'wah

September 5th, 2008, 21:48
The combat sounds interesting, but Im not sure I have the hand / eye coordination or desire to attempt it in an MMO. Story is good, but a world with more to do than hit stuff would appeal to me much more..
Thanks for the honest and straight forward review of your experience in game. Much appreciated.

Greymane

SasqWatch

November 4th, 2008, 14:17
Awsome idea to release it just 10 days after Wrath of the Lich King goes live… oh look - The Chronicles of Stillborn…

Mein Warhammer Online Review auf
http://www.moxiblog.com

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » MMOWatch Feature: Spellborn Hands-On