|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Spellborn - Character Creation Preview @ MMORPG.com

Default Spellborn - Character Creation Preview @ MMORPG.com

November 26th, 2008, 03:21
MMORPG.com brings you more insight on the unique character creation of The Chronicles of Spellborn.
The first thing that youíre going to be asked to do is to choose your character archetype. There are three: Warrior, Rogue and Spellcaster. These archetypes arenít full-blown classes just yet though. TCoS lets players get comfortable with their Archetype before asking them to settle on a more specific class. This happens only when the player is at level five and to keep it in the context of the game, it happens at The Academy rather than through a single dropdown menu.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 26th, 2008, 03:21
MMORPG.com brings you more insight on the unique character creation of The Chronicles of Spellborn.
Do italics equate irony or sarcasm?

Reyla

Sentinel

November 26th, 2008, 14:56
In html language italics are either tagged with 'i' or 'em'. The 'em' stands for emphasis. I didn't want to imply irony nor sarcasm. It's the choice of the word the author made that I wanted to emphasize.

I played the game and know what he is talking about as far as character creation is concerned. I think each individual section of character creation might not be labeled as unique. The combination could be though.
Still there are some negative spots with respect to the character creation in Spellborn as well (like having a better feedback on the possible choices).
It's not a perfect character creation system, it's a very good or maybe even an excellent one though, and it sure gives you every opportunity to create a unique character.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Spellborn - Character Creation Preview @ MMORPG.com