|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Default Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

March 3rd, 2008, 12:05
Could someone please update the search function ?

I was just looking for my own thread/blog called "A Thought", and the search function wanted "4 words minimum".

I guess I've got to dig it, then.

Edit: Just found out something strage:

The search term you specified (NWN) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
Okay, but as I just used the search with the word "Module", I got a direct hit …

Could it be, that it shouldn't read "4 words", but instead "4 letters" ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; March 3rd, 2008 at 12:17.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 3rd, 2008, 12:34
The letter "A" in your first search is too short, the serach function needs 4-letter word(s) at least. The term "word length" refers to the amount of letters in a word, not the amount of words in a sentence.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2008, 13:55
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
The term "word length" refers to the amount of letters in a word, not the amount of words in a sentence.
Okay, but this isn't clear. The error message never says it means the word length, not the sentence length.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 4th, 2008, 23:02
What's with the IMG tag? I couldn't get this

to work… on a News thread. Works fine here, though.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

March 5th, 2008, 00:16
The IMG tag is not allowed in the news comments forum. I'm not sure if that's the intended behavior or an oversight, but I'll let Jaz handle the details.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2008, 00:23
I remember that being intentional … I think it goes back to VB or something …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 5th, 2008, 07:06
Yeees, I believe it was an intentional choice.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2008, 08:59
Um… why? Just curious…

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

March 5th, 2008, 09:41
I believe it was because the comment threads are the only threads that can be used by anonymous posters. So limiting the functionality was a spam prevention.
As you can see from my and other staff members posts, we aren't too sure however on the exact reasons
But it could be changed to disallow images only for unregistered visitors.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2008, 09:42
Ah.. yes, I just read up on it. After several bans VB had started to post questionable images as a guest in news threads, so at the time it was either disable guest posting or disable the IMG tag. Myrthos chose the latter.

Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
That would be fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 5th, 2008, 10:37
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
I believe it was because the comment threads are the only threads that can be used by anonymous posters. So limiting the functionality was a spam prevention.
As you can see from my and other staff members posts, we aren't too sure however on the exact reasons
That makes sense, and the change makes even more sense. Not that it's a huge deal, of course.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

March 13th, 2008, 13:01
I implemented Highslide JS, so now there's hopefully more userfriendly thumbnails and oversized images in this forum.

Example from the Dwarf Fortress thread:
This is me over there, waving.

Highslide is also offering captions for images, you can write a caption by including an option in the img tag, like so: [ img="This is my text" ] …

Still to do: some color adjustments for the different vb styles

It doesn't work with inline attachments using [ attach ] atachmentid [ /attach].. that would require modifying more.. internal stuff.

Last edited by Arhu; March 13th, 2008 at 13:44.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 13th, 2008, 14:56
Any way to get a scroll bar when zoomed in to 1:1 scale? Still have to open it in a new window to see the full size version on smaller desktop resolutions.

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire,
chase away the hoofed liar.
Roof and doorway, block and beam,
chase the Trickster from our dream.

Stanza

Lighthouse Keeper

March 13th, 2008, 15:34
There should be an icon on the lower right side of the pic when you hover over the enlarged version with your mouse pointer, which when clicked on expands the image to the actual size.

Don't know about a scrollbar, I'll have to check the documentation.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

September 9th, 2008, 22:43
Updated the forums software today. Please note the following:
In this version, users may no longer set their password to be the same as their username. Such passwords make accounts vulnerable to exploitation from automated scripts and programs that can guess the password to access your board under the guise of the affected users. This may be done for the purposes of spam or online identity theft.

Users with these password will be prompted to change them on their next login.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 10th, 2008, 15:32
I am embarrassed to say it, but I just did go back into the User CP and saw all the great additions you have made. Very well done indeed.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

October 12th, 2008, 13:16
Could someone please please please please please please please please please please please please please check the layouts of the profile screen, the private message editor screen and related screens with Opera ?

Elements just look horrible out of place in Opera, and I don't know why. And it does so since the beginning of RPGWatch, I fear.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 29th, 2008, 14:41
I apologize in advance if this has been questioned and answered here already.

But I would like to ask regarding a "Post Icons" menu.

If you are not using "standard basic text box editor", then this menu interferes with "message window" which is not visible as a whole because of it and that's quite annoying when you do not see the whole text you are typing.

I'm using Firefox 3.x as my default browser and default forum skin.

I can block this element with Ad-Block Plus plugin but it is not a standard solution. I think that the problem is that the width of the middle column is too small in comparison with message (WYSIWYG) window. When I use IE7, the column is little wider, but still it is not perfect.

I would maybe suggest to move "Post Icons" element down next to "Additional Options" in page Layout or to increase the width of the middle column.

Last edited by shadow_hk; November 29th, 2008 at 14:50.

shadow_hk

Watchdog

December 4th, 2008, 16:18
Originally Posted by shadow_hk View Post
But I would like to ask regarding a "Post Icons" menu.

If you are not using "standard basic text box editor", then this menu interferes with "message window" which is not visible as a whole because of it and that's quite annoying when you do not see the whole text you are typing.
Should be fixed now. The problem wasn't the post icons menu but rather the size of the editor window in wysiwyg mode.

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Elements just look horrible out of place in Opera, and I don't know why. And it does so since the beginning of RPGWatch, I fear.
Nah, just since the beginning of vBulletin 3.7 They added a lot of new stuff to the User CP and profile page and I haven't gotten around to change everything yet. Will do eventually.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

December 10th, 2008, 21:43
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Should be fixed now. The problem wasn't the post icons menu but rather the size of the editor window in wysiwyg mode.
Thank you for the effort but the problem seems to persist..

I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 and I have deleted all browser cache..

shadow_hk

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests