|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Default Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

December 11th, 2008, 00:48
I'm using the same browser with no problems at all.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

December 11th, 2008, 01:27
Originally Posted by shadow_hk View Post
Thank you for the effort but the problem seems to persist..

I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 and I have deleted all browser cache..
Strange, it works for me since the fix. Maybe you could try changing your options (miscellaneous at the bottom). Set your "Message Editor Interface" to standard, save, then change it back to wysiwyg.

Or maybe you have some custom styles that are interfering somehow? Greasemonkey, AdBlock element hiding helper or something like that?

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

December 11th, 2008, 02:27
Did you happen to tweak the PM frames for IE? The margins for text are a few characters wider than the window, which wasn't the case in the past.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 11th, 2008, 14:41
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Did you happen to tweak the PM frames for IE? The margins for text are a few characters wider than the window, which wasn't the case in the past.
That happens in Firefox as well.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

December 11th, 2008, 14:42
I can confirm that it is absolutely fine on my „work PC“ with the same version of FF. So, something must be wrong with my FF at home, I’ll check it again and post here as soon as I find out what was wrong

shadow_hk

Watchdog

December 11th, 2008, 15:48
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Did you happen to tweak the PM frames for IE?
Close. I tweaked the "User CP Shell", which is everything around the PM interface, which is still untouched, which is why it doesn't get along with the rest yet.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

December 11th, 2008, 15:56
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Close. I tweaked the "User CP Shell", which is everything around the PM interface, which is still untouched, which is why it doesn't get along with the rest yet.
Well, what's the frickin hold up?

Just playing, Arhu. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to keep the Watch the best site around.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 12th, 2008, 20:13
@arhu: I agree w/dte about your hard work,—you've done tons of stuff under the hood to keep this site looking good— and not to be pushy or anything , but that PM interface seems to worsening—it's now hard to see what you're typing because the "Control Panel" menu on the right cuts off the message area. This is new since last week for me in Firefox.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 13th, 2008, 03:08
Ok, ok, I'll push it to the top of my list.

I'm not writing a lot of PMs, so it hasn't bothered me yet.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

December 13th, 2008, 16:17
Thanks, Arhu—people are always PMing me about my many mistakes, so I use the function a lot.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 14th, 2008, 04:52
I usually only get PM's dealing with issues from the P&R forum!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

December 14th, 2008, 15:49
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I usually only get PM's dealing with issues from the P&R forum!!
Yes, being divided by our political and religious (or heretical ) views, being united by our passion for RPG. I think, there's some sort of balance in it.

but to my initial problem:

It seems that my Post Icons menu problem is gone even at home. But now I see H2,H4 … tags moved outside the message window, probably logically after this windows was shortened.. Do you see it too? (Firefox 3.0.4, no Grease Monkey or similar..).

shadow_hk

Watchdog

December 14th, 2008, 19:43
It seems that my Post Icons menu problem is gone even at home. But now I see H2,H4 … tags moved outside the message window, probably logically after this windows was shortened.. Do you see it too? (Firefox 3.0.4, no Grease Monkey or similar..).
Mine is fine with Firefox latest version.

The Wanderer

in paths untrodden
RPGWatch Donor

December 14th, 2008, 22:20
Can someone get me the name of the forum's cookie(s) ?

Because since a few weeks ago my forum display isn't updated anymore - no more "read" status for single threads, only for complete sub-forums.

I plan to delete the cookie so I can have the "read/unread" display again.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 14th, 2008, 22:39
Probably these (style is 2x light/dark):

shadow_hk

Watchdog

December 15th, 2008, 00:38
Okay, thanks, I'll try it.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 15th, 2008, 04:43
I updated the "Write PM" template, should look better now.

Not really.. This is what it should look like:
forumreply.png

The fonts on your screenshot are barely readable too for some reason. Are you using non-standard fonts or font settings? Do you have the standard web fonts like Verdana installed (should be included in Vista..)?

Try doing a shift-reload of this page.. Anyway, I still don't really have an idea what could be causing this on your side…

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

December 15th, 2008, 20:11
Well, I don't know either what's the cause. I tried to delete cache, as well as cookies. Maybe some plugin is a cause. Hard to say. I believe that the clean re-install of FF would help but I don't want to do it just now because everything else is rendered - as far as I know - properly.

Maybe when I have more free time..

In terms of fonts, I have no problem. I use Tahoma as a system default without any font smoothing and it suits me. I have LCD Eizo L568 (I plan to replace it with 22" S-PVA Eizo S2231W by the way - when I have some free money..)

shadow_hk

Watchdog

December 15th, 2008, 20:56
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
I updated the "Write PM" template, should look better now.
Thanks very much. The menu is back where it belongs now so I can see what I'm writing.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 17th, 2008, 00:53
Okay, I've deleted all of my RPGWatch-related cookies, and meanwhile upgraded to the newest update of Opera - and now it works partially again.

Still no update immediately, but when I "reload" the forum's view, then it is correctly update.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests