|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang » A few changes I'd like to see

Default A few changes I'd like to see

March 5th, 2009, 00:21
Does anybody know if the devs have talked about the design decision of not being able to go back to a previous zone? I don't see how that may present any technical problem, but obviously I'm not the game's dev so what do I know. Still, it is a strange thing in this day and age, and can't think of a reason. Will the prequel have the same limitation?
Not like I complain, I really don't have a problem with that, but I know the 'explorer' types might not like it.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

March 5th, 2009, 13:43
The devs saisd that this was in principle a cost decision as well, since they would have had to remove for example all NPCs etc. which would have wandered away or so from these areas.
This and other, similar things.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 7th, 2009, 01:49
Cough cough the explanation seems quite weird, I don't see how difficult it would be to not allow any NPC leave the area.

One explanation they didn't use but I feel it could explain it, it's obsolete dialogs because of events evolution and obsolete NPC you can find here and later in the game.

Dasale

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang » A few changes I'd like to see