|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » G2, first playthrough, NotR yay/nay?

Default G2, first playthrough, NotR yay/nay?

November 15th, 2008, 15:06
Good point. There are just some places in Gothic games you are better off avoiding until you are extremely tough yourself. - It's more realistic that way as opposed to games like Oblivious.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

November 15th, 2008, 15:10
And most of the time you can run away from the baddies if you have to pass through their habitats

But I think that a vacuum cleaning approach to exploration is the norm in many games (including classic favourites like Baldurs Gate).

Zaleukos

Bum

November 16th, 2008, 15:28
Yeah, I'm all about vaccum cleaning the world - especially the first two Gothics because they put such cool stuff in so many obscure places. The difference is the vacuum cleaning isn't systematic - here in this corner, then trot over the other side of the world…. then the middle, etc…

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

March 8th, 2009, 21:14
G2 +NOTR rocks, G2 without NOTR is freaking awesome!.
yeah it's hard but that's another thing I like about it, tried of the games where it's so easy to kill everyone and everything fits to your level, let me walk into a cave and disturb a couple of shadowbeast which instantly turn me to dinner , any day of the week. that's true freedom, the freedom of being stupid and getting killed every time you're not on your guard.
I like this approach much better than for instance fallout 3 where you can kill anything at level 1 if you are cunning and by level 5 the game just gets boring.

man watch out for snappers they will follow you for miles

"Yrden, trap it with a Yrden!"
"YOU COME DOWN HERE AND TRAP IT!"
lol gotta love Geralt

cptmaxon

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » G2, first playthrough, NotR yay/nay?