|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Geneforge 5 - Review @ Scorpia's Lair

Default Geneforge 5 - Review @ Scorpia's Lair

March 23rd, 2009, 21:25
The first full Geneforge 5 review on the Windows platform comes from Scorpia, who gives a detailed breakdown of the mechanics. Oddly, she steps aways from actually giving any sort of verdict, although previous blog entries refer to the game as a "chore" and the like, so I can only assume she didn't like it. A snip:
Itís nice to be wanted, and sooner or later, you will have to choose a faction. For awhile, you can do a job for this one and that one. But to progress to the end game, you must join with someone.
Geneforge 5 keyboard customizationAnd yes, you can change your mind, repudiate your former friends, and join another group. That, naturally, has consequences. So itís best to be sure, and stick with one.
It is, however, possible to work for two sides at once. While Morgana chose Astoriaís group, she remained very pro-rebel. There are many instances in the game where you can do a little something for the rebels, without jeopardizing your standing in a faction. At least with Astoriaís. I canít be sure about the others.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 23rd, 2009, 21:25
I got to the point where she was complaining about the mini-map blocking the view. She lost credibility with me and I stopped reading.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Geneforge 5 - Review @ Scorpia's Lair