|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - The Pitt DLC Released

Default Fallout 3 - The Pitt DLC Released

March 24th, 2009, 13:03
Bethsoft and Microsoft have released The Pitt for Fallout 3. You can read about about it on Microsoft's Live site or use the Live client to purchase it (800 point thingies). Here's the description, again:
The Pitt opens with a desperate radio message, and a meeting with its sender, an escaped slave named Wernher. Wernher claims that the leader of The Pitt has created a cure for mutations… and he needs you to go in and retrieve it. From there, the player can proceed in a number of ways, in true Fallout 3 style. Do you fight your way in, or disguise yourself as a slave? Ally with the slaves, or join their Raider overlords? The Pitt is very morally ambiguous - there's no real right or wrong, just choices to be made, sides to be chosen, and a mystery that could send shockwaves throughout the entire Wasteland.
Key Features
  • Explore an entire new area - the post-apocalyptic ruins of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, known as The Pitt!
  • Find and use new weaponry, such as the AutoAxe, a new melee weapon with a powerful, serrated rotary blade hungry for flesh.
  • Discover new side quests and subtle plot elements and determine your path in this place where nothing is "right" or "wrong."
Exclusive new perks and achievements!
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 24th, 2009, 13:03
Does this Live thing work? Last time AUS/NZ took so long to get going, I lost interest (luckily, I think, from the reviews). This time the "add points" link gives me a "this page is not available" error.

Is Live always this flaky or is it me? Seems a huge bunch of crap at my end.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 24th, 2009, 16:27
I don't know about Live, but I hear the DLC is buggy with graphics glitches and even game freezes.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

March 24th, 2009, 19:46
The DLC has been pulled from Xbox 360 live because of a game-stopping bug. It's still up on GfWL.

Dhruin: honesty, I don't know, I hear little but people noting how hard it is to use, so I'm just avoiding it wholesale. I'm not a big fan of the way DLC is priced and presented to begin with, but I also prefer to keep Live off my computer unless the game absolutely forces me to use that horrible bit of bloatware.

Brother None

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2009, 23:51
I got tricked into putting Live on because it seemed to be a requirement for GTA4 (Yeah, I know it's not but when I was installing it looked that way). So, already having Live, I thought I'd check out what Bethsoft was doing out of "professional" curiosity.

I sure can't get it to work. Might be a regional thing like last time but a more informative screen than "this page is not available" would help. Oh well, saves me from wasting some money.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 25th, 2009, 01:13
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Might be a regional thing like last time but a more informative screen than "this page is not available" would help.
Well, I guess they did not want to put up a message saying "Sorry, we are incompetent and cannot even put all meshes in DLC we put up for sale." Too much honesty doesn't really pay off.

Turjan

Sentinel

March 25th, 2009, 04:01
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I got tricked into putting Live on because it seemed to be a requirement for GTA4 (Yeah, I know it's not but when I was installing it looked that way). So, already having Live, I thought I'd check out what Bethsoft was doing out of "professional" curiosity.
It's not required? I didn't know this. How do you save the game without live? I would love to get rid of that stupid service, but as far as I knew you had to have it to save or load a game. The same for Fallout 3 added content like Anchorage or The Pitt.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

March 25th, 2009, 05:09
Sorry, I misspoke. You can use it in "offline mode", but you do need Live. It was the Rockstar Social thing that was optional.

Live finally offered to sell me points…$16 (I assume in AUD) for 1000 points, with 200 wasted. I decided to pass unless the reviews are stellar. I'm not very price sensitive but it's a lot for a 4-hour quest string.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 25th, 2009, 06:16
Damn, you got my hopes up for a second I didn't know that I didn't have to have the social thing. It does trick you into thinking you need that service online to run GTA 4.

Does anyone know if The Pitt forces you to have Live, like it did for Anchorage? I was just assuming it did.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - The Pitt DLC Released