|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eidos Interactive - Acquisition by Square Enix Approved

Default Eidos Interactive - Acquisition by Square Enix Approved

March 28th, 2009, 00:43
This doesn't affect us much but Eidos' board has approved their acquisition by Square Enix. From 1Up:
It's been a long time coming, but MCV reports that Square Enix's acquisition of Eidos has finally been made official. The board has agreed to the takeover, and the transition will be made formal in a few weeks. Sources claim that Square will let Eidos continue to operate out of London and maintain its independence as a developer. The steps are going according to a joint plan from the companies released earlier this month, and the board's approval makes it that much closer to reality.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 28th, 2009, 00:43
Lara Croft riding a chocobo?

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 28th, 2009, 01:37
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Lara Croft riding a chocobo?
A chocobo riding Lara Croft
________
Jaguar Xf Specifications
Last edited by Turok; February 16th, 2011 at 02:45.

Turok

Watchdog

March 28th, 2009, 04:26
Since they will be owned by Square Enix maybe they will make some more rpgs besides Deus Ex 3. Maybe a Tomb Raider rpg or a Thief rpg and with Alpha Protocol coming out I could see more developers making a modern day rpg like a tomb raider rpg.

PS. I am talking about them making more rpgs because that is what Square Enix mostly makes and if they influence Eidos at all it might lead them in that direction.

PPS. A Thief rpg would be pretty unique since your stats would be mainly stealth based.

Skills
Sneaking
Noise suppression (lessening the noise you and other people/things make when doing various things from moving, to shooting a bow, and fighting.
Blackjack
Climbing
Bow
Sword
Dagger
Negotiation (expand into other parts of thieving like getting information and jobs from people)
ect

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

March 28th, 2009, 06:51
I hope they will bring back the Legacy of Kain series now that they have funding. What an awesome series that is.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

March 28th, 2009, 07:59
I want my Hitman 5 !!!111
Take that away from me and square enix will have have to face my eternal wrath from the depths of the black abyss! Oh, and raisins in their muesli!

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Zakhary

Noble Savage

March 28th, 2009, 09:20
Legacy of Kain
I already start drooling
evn though it was most of the time just simple action, the storie, the chars made me melt.
Raziel and Kain and their voice actors, just arghhhhhhh, the memories

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

March 28th, 2009, 22:21
Whaaa…? That's certainly… unexpected. I mean, I wouldn't have thought of Eidos being bought by Square.

And heh, the first thing I thought of was some kind of Lara Croft/FF crossover, but not Lara on a chocobo.

Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
I hope they will bring back the Legacy of Kain series now that they have funding. What an awesome series that is.
Originally Posted by titus
I already start drooling
evn though it was most of the time just simple action, the storie, the chars made me melt.
Raziel and Kain and their voice actors, just arghhhhhhh, the memories
Yeah! As far as I'm concerned, there could be a Legacy of Kain 10, as long as Amy Hennig is working on it and they keep those awesome voice actors!!

Krzychu

Sentinel

March 30th, 2009, 15:19
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
Since they will be owned by Square Enix maybe they will make some more rpgs besides Deus Ex 3. Maybe a Tomb Raider rpg or a Thief rpg and with Alpha Protocol coming out I could see more developers making a modern day rpg like a tomb raider rpg.

PS. I am talking about them making more rpgs because that is what Square Enix mostly makes and if they influence Eidos at all it might lead them in that direction.

PPS. A Thief rpg would be pretty unique since your stats would be mainly stealth based.

Skills
Sneaking
Noise suppression (lessening the noise you and other people/things make when doing various things from moving, to shooting a bow, and fighting.
Blackjack
Climbing
Bow
Sword
Dagger
Negotiation (expand into other parts of thieving like getting information and jobs from people)
ect

Both of these are cool ideas, Thief and Lara/Archeological based RPG. I have thought about how a archeological based adventure RPG influenced by Tomb Raider, and Raiders of the Lost Arc would play out. I can see it working very well, if taken further and improved upon Tomb Raider, the Angel of Darkness which added lots of RPG elements.

To sum it up, I feel our space program ended up like this. "It's one small step for man. One giant leap for man kind. Oops I fell on my butt after that leap and can't get up anymore."
Last edited by buckaroobonzai; March 30th, 2009 at 22:37.

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad

March 30th, 2009, 15:27
Originally Posted by Krzychu View Post
Yeah! As far as I'm concerned, there could be a Legacy of Kain 10, as long as Amy Hennig is working on it and they keep those awesome voice actors!!
Then you'll be not so pleasantly surprised to hear she left Crystal Dynamics for Naughty Dog to work on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Too bad.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eidos Interactive - Acquisition by Square Enix Approved