|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Israeli troops admit murder and pillaging in Gaza

Default Israeli troops admit murder and pillaging in Gaza

March 31st, 2009, 14:06
Yeah, I think this conversation has run its course. Perhaps Corwin could close this thread and we could start another one later? In the end, as usual, I don't think we even disagree all that much, at least on the practical/political level — even if we see historical events in a somewhat different light.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

March 31st, 2009, 15:08
Since this thread is pretty much terminal anyway, here's another nail in its coffin: a claim that the CIA has issued a report forecasting that Israel will cease to exist as a Jewish state within 20 years.

Link: [ http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p…t=va&aid=12706 ]

BTW, this article makes for a good exercise for Internet Source Criticism 101. I suggest you give it a try and then post what you discovered.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

March 31st, 2009, 15:18
I love those reports that 'only a few select people have seen' yet the reporter knows ALL the details!

On that note though, I know that one of the major issues facing Israel is that the Israeli Arabs and Palestinians are simply out breeding them. Not surprising as reproduction rates are generally inversely correlated with population growth.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

March 31st, 2009, 17:59
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
On that note though, I know that one of the major issues facing Israel is that the Israeli Arabs and Palestinians are simply out breeding them.
I suppose that's an appropriate and even significant military consideration. It reminds me of how I sometimes thought about the fish tank I had when I was a kid.

These are, of course, human lives we're talking about and not just a bunch of guppies. Life has become shockingly cheap for some of the folks involved in this conflict, being right there in the thick of it.

It's easier for us, being outside of it, to avoid giving in to cold-bloodedness (or it should be). Many of the poor folks there could use some warming up, I think. That would help, not hurt, their causes on each side of the conflict. And it would be a step in the direction toward peace.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

March 31st, 2009, 18:10
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
I love those reports that 'only a few select people have seen' yet the reporter knows ALL the details!
Yup, that's suspicious in and of itself. But that's not the interesting thing about the article I linked to.

On that note though, I know that one of the major issues facing Israel is that the Israeli Arabs and Palestinians are simply out breeding them. Not surprising as reproduction rates are generally inversely correlated with population growth.
True, in protracted insurgencies, birth rate is king. That's why Gaza is so explosive — IIRC about 50,000 new angry people every year. That's a whole lotta killin', if that's the route you want to take…

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

March 31st, 2009, 19:32
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
Yup, that's suspicious in and of itself. But that's not the interesting thing about the article I linked to.

True, in protracted insurgencies, birth rate is king. That's why Gaza is so explosive — IIRC about 50,000 new angry people every year. That's a whole lotta killin', if that's the route you want to take…
The birth rate is specifically one of the reasons I was given by an Israeli MFA person about why they would never allow a full right of return and why the government is against a one-state solution of any nature.

Rithrandil

I bent my wookie

April 1st, 2009, 04:41
As requested, I'll close this thread.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Israeli troops admit murder and pillaging in Gaza