|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang - Ergo's Fixpack Mod v1.5

Default Drakensang - Ergo's Fixpack Mod v1.5

April 13th, 2009, 01:12
Ergonpandilus has released v1.5 of his Drakensang Fixpack mod. Here are the latest changes:
v1.5
- Much darker dungeons
- Advantages and disadvantages of fullmages totally changed *9)
- Same for party member mages too (Jost and Gwendala)
- Lower starting values for magic talents. Still same as before if specialized.
- Bandage and Golmoon Tea are now 2.5x more expensive.
- Weapon balsam charges increased to 50
- Whetstone DP increased to +2
- Minor bugfixing and sql script cleaning
A sameple screen of the dungeon darkness and a link to the file can be found in this thread on our forums.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 13th, 2009, 01:13
I appreciate that you notify my mod here.

It's actually only positive feedback I ever get. Usually I just get messages about errors or what's not good in it. Still it has been downloaded hundreds of times.

More ideas please.

Ergonpandilus

The Guardian

April 13th, 2009, 01:49
I just have a random comment but I felt that Drakensang was too dark overall. Every time I played I had to adjust my monitor brightness and contrast several ticks upward and then return it to normal when I did everything else on my PC. I enjoyed the game a whole lot, I'm glad someone is making mods for it to address issues.

NFLed

Sentinel

April 13th, 2009, 06:16
I'm was one of those HELP ME IT'S BROKE posters at DTP's forum. I just wanted to say thanks again, even though I pretty much just wasted your time since all it needed was to be reinstalled.

If anyone ever needs help fixing the game Ergo is the man.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

April 13th, 2009, 10:19
i like your effort, although i dont like Much darker dungeons. all details are gone then.
about the rest of the changes, good job!

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

April 13th, 2009, 13:21
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
i like your effort, although i dont like Much darker dungeons. all details are gone then.
about the rest of the changes, good job!
Quite opposite, now that you the dungeons and darker, and you might need torch or light spell in some of them, the dungeons look actually better.

Ergonpandilus

The Guardian

April 13th, 2009, 18:06
Originally Posted by NFLed View Post
I just have a random comment but I felt that Drakensang was too dark overall. Every time I played I had to adjust my monitor brightness and contrast several ticks upward and then return it to normal when I did everything else on my PC. I enjoyed the game a whole lot, I'm glad someone is making mods for it to address issues.
Too dark? If anything it was not dark enough. Maybe brightness and contrast on your monitor / graphics card combo is misconfigured.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

April 13th, 2009, 18:48
@Gorath: I agree. Originally, I couldn't see very much in Moorbrück. It turned out that my monitor gamma value (or whatever) was indeed too dark, but all in all I must say that given that I normally use relatively low values, I must also say that Drakensang is too dark.

It adds very, very much to the immersion of Moorbrück, though, to have such a murky light …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 13th, 2009, 19:12
I always wondered why they were selling torches and such…I never needed one so I just sold them.

sherwinz28

Watchdog

April 13th, 2009, 19:18
Originally Posted by sherwinz28 View Post
I always wondered why they were selling torches and such…I never needed one so I just sold them.
Exactly.

Now there is a point to use torch (or light spell), though you can manage without one.

Ergonpandilus

The Guardian

April 13th, 2009, 21:00
I had to constantly use some - but I already explained, why.

I learned of my monitor being too dark (so to say) only by chance through a forums's thread at dtp.

The attached screenshot shows how the area around Moorbrück (Moorbridge ?) looked like *originally* on my PC !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harpyen_klein.jpg (68.2 KB, 73 views)

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 14th, 2009, 04:00
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Too dark? If anything it was not dark enough. Maybe brightness and contrast on your monitor / graphics card combo is misconfigured.
The entire game was too dark for my system, even outside; however, outside it was okay because I could still see what was going on, inside I couldn't see what was going on even with the light spell and/or a torch.

So clearly it was a problem with my system and not a complaint I have about the game. My fix was to simply increase the brightness and contrast of my PC's settings prior to entering the game and then reverting them back to where they were afterwards. If there were a gamma setting within the game then I could have used that.

NFLed

Sentinel

April 14th, 2009, 08:34
Originally Posted by Ergonpandilus View Post
Exactly.

Now there is a point to use torch (or light spell), though you can manage without one.
true. convinced

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

April 14th, 2009, 08:35
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I had to constantly use some - but I already explained, why.

I learned of my monitor being too dark (so to say) only by chance through a forums's thread at dtp.

The attached screenshot shows how the area around Moorbrück (Moorbridge ?) looked like *originally* on my PC !
time to buy a new one

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

April 14th, 2009, 15:40
No, I just increased brightness & contrast.

But yes, my monitor is now 9 years old (by iiyama), and I'm seeking a new one for within the next 1-2 years.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 14th, 2009, 16:26
I bought a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510 a couple of weeks ago - for a whopping 10,20 EUR on eBay.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

April 14th, 2009, 18:17
Nice.

Mine is an "Vision Master Pro 411", and it almost always has some slight problems with Linux distributions (I've noticed that with several ones).

Nowadays, though, it runs fine with Ubuntu.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 14th, 2009, 18:41
But … that's a 17" monitor!

You should really look on eBay. Everybody is selling excellent CRTs to replace them with TFTs. You should be able to get a 22" CRT for 25€ within a 25 km radius. 5 inches more for 25 bucks is definitely worth it.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

April 15th, 2009, 00:03
Okay, I'll keep that in my mind.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 15th, 2009, 10:31
My old 19" Samsung Syncmaster CRT was a bit dark after 5 years of usage. I stopped using it 3 years ago and carried it to recycling last summer. I traded two old harddrives for 19" Acer LCD but its mainly secondary backup to my big bright HDTV.

Screen is the most important component of your PC setup imho. If its small and poor quality it doesnt matter how good rest of the pieces are.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang - Ergo's Fixpack Mod v1.5