|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang: The River of Time - Development Video

Default Drakensang: The River of Time - Development Video

April 12th, 2009, 18:14
German mag GameStar visits Radon Labs for this video on the development of Drakensang: The River of Time. Creative Director Bernd Beyreuther describes the project with concept art used to illustrate the conversation. From around the halfway mark, Bernd walks us around the studio on a short tour.
The video is in German but the concept art and work-in-progress glimpses make it worth a look for those fans that lack the requisite language skills.
Thanks, Alrik!
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 12th, 2009, 18:14
Cool. Since I loved Drakensang, I cant wait to see more of it.

elikal

Sentinel

April 12th, 2009, 20:13
A few notes (now that I watched it fully) :

- The story takes place 23 years before Drakensang

- Kaiser (english Emperor, although the German equivalent "Imperator" has a slightly different meaning than "Kaiser", although they in prinziple mean the same) Hal is still alive. It is the "good old time" for older TDE players.

New creatures I recognized:

- a Zant, a demon which looks like an upright walking sabre-tooth tiger
- gargyles
- a Maru; the Marus are kind of upright walking crocodile-looking saurians, remnants of an older age full of them (with different saurian races, too). They are very aggressive, normally, but are rare in Aventuria. Like all saurians.
- a were-wolf.

These are all new.

In a very short scene you can see the oldest TDE boxes containing the rule books and character sheets etc. .

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 12th, 2009, 22:40
We also knew from concepts, that there are giant stag beetles and the first screenshot from the official announcement showed some kind of golem.

The green-shimmering… uhm… busty woman is a so called "Necker", a water-related race. I think they are related to the story in some way. While Drakensang was more about dwarves, the sequel is about elves.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

April 13th, 2009, 13:25
You can encounter Necker in the Shadows over Riva game.

Unfortunately I've never played it far enough to encounter them. A thing I must definitively do one time.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 13th, 2009, 17:35
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Unfortunately I've never played it far enough to encounter them. A thing I must definitively do one time.

Most definitely. The best party of the game.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

April 13th, 2009, 18:46
Sorry, but Startrail is still my favourite game of all three.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang: The River of Time - Development Video