|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Animations @ Official Forums

Default Age of Decadence - Animations @ Official Forums

May 21st, 2009, 03:31
Vince has provided three sample death critical animations on The Age of Decadence forums. Perhaps of even more interest - if I understand the comment correctly - the composer from Katauri's King's Bounty has provided much of the music for the game with 13 tracks provided so far.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 21st, 2009, 03:31
I thought that was widely known already. It has been public for some time, though never announced.

In fact, go back to the first combat trailer. Listen to that music. Sound familiar? That track was turned down for use in AoD (not appropriate enough) and then used for King's Bounty.

Brother None

SasqWatch

May 21st, 2009, 08:51
Hmm, the animations look pretty stiff, and that combat trailer looks downright dreadful in terms of animation quality.

I understand this is an indie production, but it's unfortunate they were not able to come up with something a bit less rigid and dreary.

Oh well, hopefully the rest of the game is better.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

May 21st, 2009, 14:18
They should really include a running animation. The animations are generally not great, but running would eliminate a lot of the awkwardness.

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

May 21st, 2009, 14:28
I suspect that isolated animations, like in-game still shots, don't do justice to the art or the work that's gone into the game.

We'll know for sure once the combat demo is released.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

May 21st, 2009, 14:44
I am referring to the combat trailer Brother None linked at in his post.

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

May 21st, 2009, 15:33
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Hmm, the animations look pretty stiff, and that combat trailer looks downright dreadful in terms of animation quality.
That combat trailer is two years old, and I posted it to point out the fact that King's Bounty uses its music. It's not an example of AoD in its current state.

Brother None

SasqWatch

May 21st, 2009, 19:48
I thought the crit ani's were quite good. Better than some AAA games. The extra shove of the spear and the guy looking up and holding his arm up in reflexive defense before the final blow in the other two were nice touches. Good attention to detail. Add a little blood splatter (not to the ridiculous DA amount) and appropriate sound effects and they're good to go.

chamr

Mounted Highborn

May 21st, 2009, 20:24
I also like these new animations! They seem to make sense.

Sometimes it's the little things that stand out. Lately I've been playing IWD2 (and enjoying it quite a bit), but the animations for my dwarf using his two-handed ax are so bad, that I'm beginning to wish I'd chosen a different character.

The strikes really look like critical hits, and the victims react the way they should. I especially like how the attacker plants his foot to pull out the spear! Kneeing the ax victim while he's down is a nice touch too!

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

May 21st, 2009, 22:07
I haven't paid much attention to the music before so, no, I wasn't aware of it. With the combat trailer, I was paying attention to the combat, not some music I figured was unlikely to be final.

I like the animations enough. They lack weight - the axe wielder looks like he is using a plastic prop - but AAA stuff finds it hard enough to get that right. More than good enough relevant to the rest of the game.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Animations @ Official Forums