|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Risen Vs. Gothic 4

View Poll Results - Which will be the 'better' game, Risen or G4?

Risen 29 80.56%
Gothic 4 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Default Risen Vs. Gothic 4

May 18th, 2009, 21:40
Who would ship yet another buggy, disappointing iteration of Gothic? JoWood.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

May 22nd, 2009, 20:47
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I respectfully disagree. This generation sees a lot of different people who make mistakes and then want to rectify it by going on record and 'taking responsibliity.' Politicians and famous people do this as a matter of routine. But 'taking responsibility' in most cases is simply a matter of lip service and nothing more.

Past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. There are exceptions to this - but they are exceptions not the rule.

I might have been more willing to agree with your statement had FG never been released. But PB gave us a good dose of 'taking responsibility lip serverice' after G3 came out the way it did. Then PB did it again with FG - which is still supposed to be receiving more patching but it has been quiet now in that department for months so I'm not holding my breath.

I hope that I am wrong. I hope G4 will be a good game. But unlike G1, G2, & G3, I won't be pre-ordering G4. I will take a wait and see approach. That is the attitude PB has earned with me beginning with G3, but particularly with, and most stunningly from, the release of FG.
Ugh. Wherever I wrote PB in my above post what I meant to have written was JOWOOD. My mistake…

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

May 24th, 2009, 20:46
Given my experiences with Gothic 3, I say Risen.

It's not often that a brand new game installs then crashes to desk top. Thankfully, I didn't pay much for it, and Dungeon Lords was in the set, which worked much better. If that can give you a clue on how low my view of G3 is at this point.

However, this is a good reason why you never give a publisher full rights to any IP. If you are a developer, and have a game, do not give up your rights to it.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Risen Vs. Gothic 4