|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 Spoilers » Heavy spoiler question

Default Heavy spoiler question

June 9th, 2009, 19:07
Spoiler – Choice of ending

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 10th, 2009, 09:07
Spoiler

Zaleukos

Bum

June 10th, 2009, 09:35
Strange. I haven't liberated any city yet. Just destroyed two Orc forts in Nordmar. But the Orcs are not showing aggression towards me, the fight is only between Orcs and Hashishin.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 10th, 2009, 09:43
Strange indeed, I've only seen orc-hashishin fighting under the circumstances I described. The Nordmar Orcs practically count as wildlife relations-wise.

Zaleukos

Bum

June 10th, 2009, 09:47
I think I'll just live with it. All there's left in the game is combat. Kill Zuben, free Myrtana.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 10th, 2009, 11:23
This situation is a good indicator because it makes the player think. Hashishin fighting orcs after siding with innos could appear to some as a normal faction reaction but do we honestly want this to happen? - it means the right quest path hasn't been fully chosen, the game end result can be subjectively improved or made different, eg: amicable. So logical thinking suggests there is more to do before siding with Innos.

Each faction is aligned to a god, helping one will irate the other and cause conflict so you have too find a way of appeasing each god without conflict. This means you the hero must contact Beliar before siding with Innos, which means you will have to legally enter Ishtar (75%) then gain good rep' (green highlights) inside Ishtar also, then speak with Beliar all before any liberations or siding with Innos. The quest weaving for this is crucial, there is only one critical path of approach.

So why kill Zuben at all?

Wulf

Inquisitor

June 10th, 2009, 14:18
But doesn't even Beliar demand you kill Zuben?!

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 10th, 2009, 16:23
Well, put it like this, there are requests for nameless to kill others in the game but the killing must not be attributed to you (nameless) so several methods of doing away with someone are offered within the game play mechanics. My preferred method is to entice the one to be killed into the path of other adversaries, this will complete the quest without the gods being aware of any alienation or your involvement. Then again, an aggressive player who has seen off the various beasts will generally loose out on this option.

Wulf

Inquisitor

June 10th, 2009, 17:07
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
Well, put it like this, there are requests for nameless to kill others in the game but the killing must not be attributed to you (nameless) so several methods of doing away with someone are offered within the game play mechanics. My preferred method is to entice the one to be killed into the path of other adversaries, this will complete the quest without the gods being aware of any alienation or your involvement. Then again, an aggressive player who has seen off the various beasts will generally loose out on this option.
uh…..I think you are really overestimating the game.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

June 10th, 2009, 17:47
Yeah, I quote my old physics professor again: "The world isnt that beautiful" Still there are several indirect options for killing people in the game and they can be useful at times. My favourite is the bloodlust spell, but it requires some manipulation as bloodlusted melee NPCs wont fight til the death. Wildlife is also useful, I once had sandcrawlers kill off almost the entire population of Bakaresh so that I only had to kill two remote guards to wrap up the liberation.

Zaleukos

Bum

June 10th, 2009, 20:50
@Kostaz.

I am not overestimating the game at all, the method described worked for me with the 1.2 patch, didn't complete G3 with the latest patches as i have moved on to other games, over two years with G3 and its various patches is more than enough for me.

Regards.

Wulf

Inquisitor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 Spoilers » Heavy spoiler question