|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 4 - Planned for Early 2010 ?

Default Gothic 4 - Planned for Early 2010 ?

July 18th, 2009, 22:16
Yup the ones from E3 and some new ones from some German magazines which look a bit better.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

July 19th, 2009, 12:12
What I didn't like was the very actionish look of the combat in the video. I know it was far from being a finished build, so I still have hope that it might not be as bad as it looked. I hated how you could see the health bar floating above the head of every single enemy on the screen simultaneously. It also looked like you were fighting many more enemies at once compared to the previous games, giving me the impression of being an "uber hero" who could just mow down hoards of monsters. It just looked way too hack and slash for a Gothic game imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 19th, 2009, 12:32
Originally Posted by Konjad View Post
Guys, you know you're posting in topic two years old, right?
Holy cow has it been two years since this was announced? It seems like just yesterday that PB and Jowood were all nice and cuddly with each other

I don't really have any opinion on the trailer other than I'll wait and see.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

July 20th, 2009, 12:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What I didn't like was the very actionish look of the combat in the video. I know it was far from being a finished build, so I still have hope that it might not be as bad as it looked. I hated how you could see the health bar floating above the head of every single enemy on the screen simultaneously. It also looked like you were fighting many more enemies at once compared to the previous games, giving me the impression of being an "uber hero" who could just mow down hoards of monsters. It just looked way too hack and slash for a Gothic game imo.
Yep - gave it a very 'console action-RPG' look to the whole thing. But since that was the context of that preview … and who knows the options available.

In other words, yes, I'm holding out all optimism until forced to abandon it …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 4 - Planned for Early 2010 ?